cut howard, sign law! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cut howard, sign law!

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
with all this talk of howard not being back in 06' why not just cut the guy and give the money to law? i would feel much better with law,madison,daniels,edwards than madison,daniels,howard,edwards.
give law a contract with a low salary this year with a big bonus in 06' that way if he is not what he use to be we just cut him.

ty law sounds like t ownes

if u give him less money he will play like sub par

yo peyton manning stop throin da ball 2 law it costs money

and no i dont want law

that is a great idea...why not just bite the bullet on howard now and get law now...we have one advantage over every other team, law has a house 10 minutes from dolphin camp...the only problem with that is i dont even think law is running yet...

then again the seasons still 2.5 months away

imo are chances of getting law are 75% he lives there we need a corner we have money it just makes sense, get it done nick! please

Great Idea I Was Not Ever That Big On Howard Anyway Bring In The Law Im All For It He Is Still Probowl Caliber.

law is still pro bowl caliber but you don't really know how that foot is, i'd rather keep howard

Law will still be too expensive... He won't sign a backloaded contract! He is to far in his career to sign a back loaded contract. That means we could release him before the contract pays him the money he wants...

no team is going to give him big money this year so once he realizes that he has to prove himself again he will sign a contract with us for the mininum with incentives! i would not mind paying him good money if he plays good.

rickysux said:
no team is going to give him big money this year so once he realizes that he has to prove himself again he will sign a contract with us for the mininum with incentives! i would not mind paying him good money if he plays good.

Good point...

Ty Law seems to have an attitude problem...he was even bitching about Bellichek....he also has health issues....too much of a gamble for me.

what about the cap hit on howard ? cap hit if cut $3,000,000.....anyone ?

Al13 said:
what about the cap hit on howard ? cap hit if cut $3,000,000.....anyone ?
Exactly! That's the only flaw I see in this idea (which in theory wasn't such a bad idea whatsoever). If we do release Reggie Howard, the cap hit would be $3 million! A positive though is, if we had released him before June 1st, the Dead Cap would have been $3.75 million, but since it's after June 1st, the Dead Cap is only $750K. I hate to say it but I don't think that there would be anyway that we could afford to release Reggie Howard. On a positive note though, I think he could end up being pretty good and productive for us if he wins the starting job opposite of Sam Madison.

Back
Top Bottom