Cutler Not Sure He's Retired (coach Gase, No Matter "what"- Just Say "no!") | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler Not Sure He's Retired (coach Gase, No Matter "what"- Just Say "no!")

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
per PFT:
Jay Cutler says he’s “probably” retired but not 100 percent

Jay Cutler announced his retirement and took a job as a FOX announcer last year, then changed his mind and signed a one-year contract with the Dolphins. Now everyone seems to be assuming Cutler is definitely retired, but Cutler says it’s not a certainty.

In a clip for his wife’s reality TV show, Cutler is shown talking to her about his future, and when she asks him if he’s 100 percent done with football, he won’t say that.

“I mean, I can’t say 100. Probably,” Cutler said.

Asked when he’ll know for sure if he’s retired, Cutler answered, “September.

Cutler’s wife, Kristin Cavallari, made no secret that she wants him to stop playing.
“You have to realize how many sacrifices I have made over the eight football seasons we’ve been together,” she said. “This is my turn.”

Realistically, it’s unlikely any team is going to offer Cutler a job, as he did not play well for the Dolphins last year. Cutler doesn’t have a broadcasting job right now, but that’s probably where he should be looking if he wants to work.

Only way he is in camp is to help our defense gain confidence and only if he would not wear a red shirt.

Please bring him back. Just so I can see everyone spin it into a positive again.

That arm is done even if the spirit is still willing. He ain't coming back. Can't wait to hear him lose interest in the broadcast booth this season.

Sign reads no openings in Miami.

He's had a respectable career and at the very least vastly eclipsed the two QB's who went ahead of him. Time to call it a day Jay.

Poor guy isn't likely to receive too many post career honor's from the 3 teams he's played for. I am sure the $100,000,000+ in the bank will ease that. At this point it feels like Cutler was with Denver so long ago he was almost a teammate of Elway's. His Bears career surely defines him but it seems he was a pariah almost the day he got there. Didn't end any better.

I didn't expect much more than we actually got out of him last year so I am not going to hate on him.

He will get a TV gig for sure. And he will likely be good at it.

That arm is done even if the spirit is still willing. He ain't coming back. Can't wait to hear him lose interest in the broadcast booth this season.
I thought his arm was fine, he just didn't want to get abused too much by those big mean defenders, certainly not to the point where he couldn't enjoy his $10 million Steve Ross dollars and reward his pretty little wife for all those "sacrifices" she made while hubby was out getting trucked for a living. Kristin, honey.... you're famous for being famous.... go make Jay a sandwich, hum his favorite tune once in a while, and for the love of God, bring him a Marlboro when you're done.

I thought his arm was fine, he just didn't want to get abused too much by those big mean defenders, certainly not to the point where he couldn't enjoy his $10 million Steve Ross dollars and reward his pretty little wife for all those "sacrifices" she made while hubby was out getting trucked for a living. Kristin, honey.... you're famous for being famous.... go make Jay a sandwich, hum his favorite tune once in a while, and for the love of God, bring him a Marlboro when you're done.
Great post IMO Gase looked like he held Cutler out of some of the games we were sure to probably loose last year and played Moore instead.

Well of course he can’t commit to retirement. Never know when a former coach is going to drop a $10 million contract in your lap.

Hope Gase got a kickback, at least.

“In a clip from her new show, Kristin Cavallari asked Cutler if he was "100 percent done" with football. "I mean, I can't say 100," Cutler replied. "Probably." Cutler added he will know by September if he is completely out. Considering how he has played the last couple years, Cutler may struggle to find offers even if he decides he wants to play.”

Not much news out there right now, but this is something nonetheless. I personally think he’d be a waste of time, but so many of you believe Miami is so much better than last year. I’ve read that so many of you think “as long as RT doesn’t get hurt, they’re a 10 plus win team.” And, “they’ve improved on OL, DE, LB, TE” blah blah blah....so, why wouldn’t Cutler do a better job if needed too?

Why not resign Cutler as their backup? He’s better than Fales. They have 14 mil of cap space. He might accept 3-5 mil to be their backup. And he’s no threat to start over RT.

I could argue Fales has a better supporting cast now...oh, who am I kidding!!! lol

Fales, Cutler...they’re all terrible

I honestly prefer Osweiler over Cutler. Both qb's have their flaws, but Osweiler is younger and cheaper. Cutler at his best might be better than Osweiler at his best, but their typical day to day play isn't that different. Plus i would rather watch an Osweiler errand pass than watch Cutler scatter the ball while throwing off his back foot all the time.

Back
Top Bottom