Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread

<O>

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Would it be helpful to have this thread, so that there is a repository for the topic that just seems to be bursting at the seams and contaminating several other threads?

If not please delete it. Thanks.

This thread is fine. We have had other Cutler vs Tannehill threads but for some reason many members prefer derailing other threads on this topic rather than discussing it in a proper thread. Good luck.

So anyway, I'm going to give it a season, including through playoffs- i think much else is premature and too subjective.

It may all be moot by end of season anyway.

Reactions: <O>
Applaud the effort to keep this stuff out of other threads. Not sure how effective it will be but good luck.

To the OP: I don't know what it is but you sure seem to have a problem with Tannehill. I have no idea what this comparison is good for. Comparing how Cutler plays versus what Tannehill would have potentially done? Why don't we include Marino in the discussion?

To the OP: I don't know what it is but you sure seem to have a problem with Tannehill. I have no idea what this comparison is good for. Comparing how Cutler plays versus what Tannehill would have potentially done? Why don't we include Marino in the discussion?

Cant speak to any biases the OP may have, but the comparison is is vital. If Cuter plays well this year we will have a very difficult decision to make next year. This will be one of the most important comparisons for our future, no reason the board shouldnt actively discuss it week to week.

I'd like to see some better ball placement today that leads to more rac

Chalk the first one up to rust

Shoulder placement not ideal

Imagine this scenario. Cutler blows everyone away with his play this year, limiting turnovers and taking the Fins deep into the playoffs. Tannehill is let go and Cutler signs a two year extension. How much would Ryan demand on the market? What will he be worth?

First, I'm not here to talk about me. There are far more interesting topics related to the Miami Dolphins. Second, the comparison between Cutler and Tannehill has been happening already, by a good number of people in several other threads, leading to repeated intervention by the moderators.

In other words, this is an important topic to a good number of people here, to the point that it becomes interwoven into threads in which it's clearly off-topic. The sensible thing to do in my opinion is to create just one place for that discussion.

If some members believe as you do that there is no point to such a discussion, naturally they have the choice not to click on this thread, and the other threads they do click on will hopefully be far less contaminated by a topic they believe has no usefulness.

There is also the choice to put me specifically on your ignore list, which will make this thread disappear completely from the forum for you.

Imagine this scenario. Cutler blows everyone away with his play this year, limiting turnovers and taking the Fins deep into the playoffs. Tannehill is let go and Cutler signs a two year extension. How much would Ryan demand on the market? What will he be worth?

Miami wouldn't have to cut him he'd have suitors in trade. Anyone that couldn't land a top 3 pick for a qb would probably come calling especially anyone that runs a pre snap and progression read o.

cincinatti comes to mind they won't land a top 5 pick and daltons out the door. Although they run a pro style o tanny could make that transition. It would be a team that thinks the qb is holding them back and doesn't want to start over.

It wouldn't be Ryan making demands, he isn't going to be cut.

Do you guys believe Cutler will retire after this season? I personally think that he is a different person, more mature, better team player, playing smarter on the field (not forcing throws). Gase will have a tough decision to make after this season.

Back
Top Bottom