Cuts After Tonight | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cuts After Tonight

I don't think we have to worry about our rookies getting poached after the performance of the last 3 games.These guys are journeymen players. If you were a gm for another team would you be interested in these players?

Can we cut Ireland? Ive been a supporter but this draft has Epic Fail written all over it. Other than Tanny Im thinking the rest are craptastic.

Gates better not get cut, along with Bess they are the only one who can catch. Gates may not be mentally caught up with the new system but he can get open and he knows how to catch. Gates has talent unlike the rest of the receiving core. He just has to be coached up. I rather depend on Gates learning how to run routes instead of depending on Wallace, Moore and Naanee learning how to get open and catch the ball. Someone need to make a call to Mark Duper, to teach Gates how to use his talents.

Gates better not get cut, along with Bess they are the only one who can catch. Gates may not be mentally caught up with the new system but he can get open and he knows how to catch. Gates has talent unlike the rest of the receiving core. He just has to be coached up. I rather depend on Gates learning how to run routes instead of depending on Wallace, Moore and Naanee learning how to get open and catch the ball. Someone need to make a call to Mark Duper, to teach Gates how to use his talents.

first someone needs to teach Tannehill how to throw the deep ball. tannehill by far had the worst downfield accuracy of ANY of the qbs drafted this year, and this was well known at the time. i dont think he's thrown one deep ball in 3 games now. not really a good sign.

first someone needs to teach Tannehill how to throw the deep ball. tannehill by far had the worst downfield accuracy of ANY of the qbs drafted this year, and this was well known at the time. i dont think he's thrown one deep ball in 3 games now. not really a good sign.

Not saying you right or wrong
but I have yet to see a wr get behind the secondary ...

These WR suck!!

These WRs aren't good enough to separate deep.

As Nat Moore has pointed out in the last two games, Gates doesn't or is unwilling to line up properly when split out side. It is such a simple thing, where to stand before the snap, yet he makes the same mistake continuously. The DB's pinch him against the sideline and it gives the Miami QB a more difficult throw. Ross was in the press box talking to the announcers when it happened and he was paying attention. It will be interesting to see if makes that mistake again(Ross having a word with the staff)...assuming he is not among the first cut. Nat Moore would be an awesome receivers coach.

I think RT prefers to throw the slant, screen, and sideline pass from what I have saw of him. He has good ball velocity but sometimes he surprised the receivers by putting to much on the throws, making the pass more of a flat bullet. He has the arm to throw down field, but he is wisely trying to limit his mistakes and turnovers. He had a pick last night trying to throw over the middle. The ball was high, got tipped, then intercepted. Matt Moore throws a slightly slower ball with a little bit more trajectory and arc. It is an easier ball to catch. He excels at the down field throw..putting it up and letting the receiver run under it.

IMO..Part of the problem with the drops is that all the receivers have been practicing with all the QB's who throw at different speeds and trajectory. Take Fasano for example, he is normally a pretty good receiver when Matt Moore is throwing the ball, but with RT he seems to be struggling. They receivers need more repetition from the starter.

Pennington threw lots of balloons as a starter. He had poor arm strength, yet he has one of the highest completion percentages of all the QB's in NFL history.
Moore has a strong arm than Penny, and RT 's is stronger than Moore. The point is that the QB has to be able to throw different types of passes..like Drew Brees..he has it mastered.

Back
Top Bottom