D. Bowens' surgery a success | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D. Bowens' surgery a success

With Bowens out, veterans Rob Burnett and Jay Williams are expected to play more, as is starter Adewale Ogunleye.

Umm.... is it just me or is it a little obvious that when the #2 guy in the rotation goes down the #3 & #4 guys would be in the rotation more than they would normally?

David Bowens was not #2 in the d-line rotation. Obviously, the first two are JT and Wally. Jay Williams was #3, with D. Bowens and Rob Burnett coming after that.

I feel Jay Williams doesn't get enough credit. The guy had 6 sacks last year as a reserve. He is very valuable to our rotation.

Not sure about the cap info but I'm sure alot of that would depend on if Miami put him on I.R. for the season or not. And I think that would only happen if he couldn't come back in time to play a significant amount of time for the season.

Under normal circumstances, David Bowens is indeed the first lineman off the bench. Jay Williams and Burnett played DT more than DE. If Bowens would have been healthy last year, he would have seen a lot of time. Heck, he was the starter before he got hurt in August.

Congrats to Bowens. I am really tired of seeing him injured year in and year out though. It bugs me that we are paying him one million a year for him to get two sacks and then be injured the rest of the year. It just isn't worth it.

Well how exactly will you know that he will not get injured. He had one injury before this, I do not consider that a contract we should have stayed away from.

Every surgery "goes well"... Have you ever heard of a doctor coming out and saying "Oh this was terrible, I screwed up a couple of times and cut things I shouldn't have. The surgery was a tremendous catastrophy...."?

Hopefully he will be one of those 'Miracle Recovery' guys.

Back
Top Bottom