D Coach Options. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D Coach Options.

I love Bowles. Austin is also good. Please don’t judge Austin by this single season with the Bengals. His work with other defenses in Detroit and Arizona has been documented.

i would want Rex now, though i did want Wade Phillips when he was available.. Bowles would be good too

I love Bowles. Austin is also good. Please don’t judge Austin by this single season with the Bengals. His work with other defenses in Detroit and Arizona has been documented.
As a position coach

Aside from established guys, Andre Patterson is an interesting name. He's done a great job developing Minnesota's pass rushers. With the exception of a few great coaches, I think most DC's are more-or-less the same (speaking of impact). If you want a good D, you better have great talent. Greg Williams, for example, is one of the worst DC's in the league, and the Browns have a decent D this year, because they're talented.

Fangio as HC would be Miami's best bet to field a much-improved D in 2019.

I would be ok with most of the guys on that list, but I don't see any way Vance comes back nor do I really want him.

I don't know why Todd Bowles isnt on that list, I would see him as a top option if he gets fired.

Aside from established guys, Andre Patterson is an interesting name. He's done a great job developing Minnesota's pass rushers. With the exception of a few great coaches, I think most DC's are more-or-less the same (speaking of impact). If you want a good D, you better have great talent. Greg Williams, for example, is one of the worst DC's in the league, and the Browns have a decent D this year, because they're talented.

Fangio as HC would be Miami's best bet to field a much-improved D in 2019.

Bingo!!!...Vic is who i'd want.

People love to hate on sexy Rexy but I'd love it. He's as arrogant as Gase, and I think he'd let the HC know his play-calling and QB decisions suck foot. If we are going to keep Gase, at least go out with a nuclear bang.

I see what you did there.

Mangini, guy was a solid coach who is hungry to get back into the game. Let him turn this defense into something special and use it as a springboard into a HC position. It would also pour fuel on NE and our rivalry which has been one sided for too damn long.

The season isn’t over yet and certainly Burke has more than enough time to dig his grave and swan dive into it, but:

According to the VIP section’s resident insider, Burke was not forced on Gase, and the feeling is that the defense was not to blame for losing versus the Packers or the Colts. So don’t count on Burke being dead man walking just yet.

Of course, if Gase has to save his job, someone has to be the fall guy.

Austin was solid before cincy. I wouldn't mind del rio either. I think Greg Williams would be good as well but may be to head strong for gase. Rex doesn't make sense due to our personnel.

I would sniff around Keith Butler. Someone who hails from a winning franchise, is a graybeard, and his defenses usually finish in the top half of league in points allowed and play hard.

Vic Fangio would also be excellent.

Back
Top Bottom