D. Greene could be our later round pick QB ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D. Greene could be our later round pick QB ?

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
He seem that guy could be our later qb pick up.

All is do is win, and he seem smart player and team player (saban quality search).

So if we don't pick a QB in round 1, why not him in round 4 if he's available ?

opinion ;)

I wouldnt mind him, but would prefer a few others. If we don't go QB in the first, my next choice would be Walter, Orton, and McPherson. If we end up with a second and Campbell or Frye is there I would go in that direction as well.

Greene was a good college QB, but I doubt he'll add up to much in the NFL. He's got a weak arm and he's slow in the pocket. At best he'll be a less mobile Jay Fiedler. At worst he's just another Tim Couch.

I have not watched enough of Greene to judge...I'll let KB do that.

Everything he says about Greene makes it a sure thing I'll be screaming for us to draft him in the third round (after we trade down with the Bucs).

feelthepain said:
I think he will be a very good pro QB and if we land him I'll be thrilled.

I think he is good too. You have to wonder with the LT spot of moving Carey there and bringing in McDougle if they are thinking the left hander. But I also think they really do like Alex Smith. I think alot of you will be surprised to learn that we really are going to get Smith as opposed to this being a smokescreen.

I'm not real high on the lefty's bro. He has a pretty week arm too and from what i saw in the senior challenge he wasnt even accurate. He could be ok but i'd rather find out with him on another team.

when lsu played georgia twice in their championship year green looked horrible. the blitz totally confused him and he was constantly flustered. last year against lsu he had one of his best games. everything he threw up seemed to land. it was just one of those days where they could have blind folded him and made him throw backwards and he still would have had completions. watching him in those three games, i don't think he has what it takes to be a 1st string qb in the nfl. but nick saban saw a lot of him so i trust he'll get it right.

I will trust Saban's judgement on him.He has seen enough of him to know if he would fit in his system.Its my guess that he will pass on him.

WvFinFan said:
I'm not real high on the lefty's bro. He has a pretty week arm too and from what i saw in the senior challenge he wasnt even accurate. He could be ok but i'd rather find out with him on another team.

Boomer Esiason and I think Steve Young were lefties. I am a leftie myself. What the heck does that have to do with throwing a football? Or, for that matter, the mental aspects of the game.
Most of us lefties are more accomplished individuals than you righties.

You cannot deny the fact that he's the winningest coach in the NCAA. I agree that Saban's D stonewalled he and the Dawgs a few times, but Saban's D did that to one of the best passing offenses in the Nation as well. Oklahoma. Saban is a great coach.

I would prefer Greene over McPherson any day of the week. I like Frye and Campbell as well.

finfan54 said:
I think alot of you will be surprised to learn that we really are going to get Smith as opposed to this being a smokescreen.

Boy I'll tell ya' I'm not sure what to make of this sittuation. As much as I would love the potential Smith Brings, I'm more of a conservative and would rather spread my chances over several players rather then just one,but thats me.

I will say that KB seems to be pretty high on the guy and, like Crunch said, if we do select Greene, it will be because Saban, Linehan and Rick have studied him enough to know that he'll fit in our system. But my guess is that the point will become moot after we select Smith with the 2nd overall pick.

Back
Top Bottom