D Smith on Mac Jones/Tua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D Smith on Mac Jones/Tua

Yeah but then why even bother showing up at the Senior Bowl...the whole time it was implied that he was there to meet Flores and Co and sell himself as a 3rd overall player to get drafted..since he wasn't gonna practice anyway
That was the assumption by some people but perhaps he showed up because he knew there were going to be many NFL teams represented by staff at the Senior Bowl and it gave him the opportunity to meet with all of them. He didn’t practice or play in the game because of his injury and therefore the Dolphin staff didn’t work with him at the Senior Bowl.

I mean, Smith won the Heisman with Jones as his QB and Jones is also draft eligible this year. He could just be trying to help a teammate while also being in a good spot with Tua as well.

This is a non-story to me. i would have actually been shocked if he said Tua
True.

Look at it from Smith's perspective. He wasn't Tua's primary, or even secondary reciever. Those guys play on Sunday now.

I don't see a problem here?

This sounded like one of those "20 questions" type questions and Smith was prepared for it and gave a confident answer. The question has nothing to do with QB skill and Smith didn't take it that way. He chose the guy he was at the Senior Bowl with, a guy who he has built a tremendous bond with and who certainly aided in his ability to nab the Heisman in 2020. He is good friends with Tua as well.

Analyzing any deeper feeds into the narrative the author wants you to take.

I don't understand how that helps him possibly get drafted at #3? Unless that's the point. He doesn't want to be drafted and play with Tua.

It has nothing to do with him or where he gets drafted. It's about Mac Jones and where they're trying to get him drafted - as high as possible.

Nobody even knows what the exact question was. Until then, this is a non story and I’m sure Smith will be making his rounds explaining things.

Back
Top Bottom