D Smith on Mac Jones/Tua | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D Smith on Mac Jones/Tua

In what context did he say this? Was Jones sitting in the chair right next to Smith when this question was asked.

I'm kinda against Smith on the Dolphins bc of his size anyway.

1)..Chase isn't running a 4.3 on a broken foot..
2) go watch the three years Tua had Ruggs,Waddle,Jeudy and Smith and then YOU tell me who the go to receiver was....easy to look up...

The so called doubters are from teams which have zero chance of drafting him. The reality is that Lawrence is regarded as the top player in the draft and those doubters would take him if they had the first pick in the draft.

It‘s funny that the Jaguars aren’t mentioned as a team that wants to trade away it’s top pick for Watson but every other team in need of a QB or the other teams in the top of the draft are supposedly interested in trading for Watson. I have no idea how good Lawrence will be in the NFL but I seriously doubt there are a “BUNCH’ of doubters as you suggest there are in regards to Lawrence.
Anything that cant be later verified or checked, or entered with a degree of certainty. Questionable.

I think a lot of people that know what they're looking at never really subscribed to the Trevor Lawrence hype to begin with. They've watched him beat up on ACC cupcakes and the Citadel throwing up 50/50 balls to monster receivers while facing no pressure enough times to know something wasn't right. Then get smoked the only two times in his career that he ever faced pressure. Zinging balls 6 feet over receivers heads standing 9 yards from him. Underneath defenders getting their hands on so many of his passes.

I don't know, I think he has very little chance to make good on the hype. Opinions like those of June Jones and Brett Favre are only the tip of the iceberg.

Mac Jones has everything a great QB needs. He has enough arm strength. He has elite accuracy and decision making. I think Smith just gave his honest opinion. I’m sure Smith thinks he could have put up bigger numbers with Tua if Tua had thrown him the ball more.

I think a lot of people that know what they're looking at never really subscribed to the Trevor Lawrence hype to begin with. They've watched him beat up on ACC cupcakes and the Citadel throwing up 50/50 balls to monster receivers while facing no pressure enough times to know something wasn't right. Then get smoked the only two times in his career that he ever faced pressure. Zinging balls 6 feet over receivers heads standing 9 yards from him. Underneath defenders getting their hands on so many of his passes.

I don't know, I think he has very little chance to make good on the hype. Opinions like those of June Jones and Brett Favre are only the tip of the iceberg.

I mean the hype for Trevor has always been just way too high. If he ever lived up to it, he'd be in the GOAT conversation in 15 years.

I personally don't like his body type for the way he plays the position. Thin frame and that's after putting on weight this past year. Like you the high balls I've seen from him and even DJ suggests something in the South Carolina water.

The improvising hasn't looked as good as it may seem from afar, but a good decision maker on the read option. He's a talented passer but nothing we haven't seen before.

I'd take him #1 if I'm Jacksonville but it wouldn't shock me if he is just extremely average after 3 years.

I understand these comments through the lens of trying to prop up Mac Jones, but the media narrative is such that everything is getting a negative Tua slant. It's ridiculous. You can prop up Mac Jones without making it seem like yet another Tua dig.

I'm on the trade for Watson or draft Fields at #3 boat. Cracking top 5 at the Qb is the only goal. Doesn't mean I don't have love Tua and excited to where a full off-season gets him - mentally and physically. I can feel that way about Tua, the Dolphins Qb situation, without needing to crap on him too.

Look, he's an Alabama guy supporting an Alabama guy who facilitated Smith having an all-time career year at Alabama. Why shouldn't he prefer the guy who made that happen for him? I doubt Tua is very upset about it, and Mac Jones could go anywhere from top 10 (ridiculous IMHO) to 3rd round. Jones isn't particularly special, but he was solid and productive, much like Tua. Surrounded by great talent, he was a good QB ... but he doesn't have elite arm talent and he's not a special athlete. I simply don't see why people rate him so highly. The game is simply easier at Alabama where all the WR's are 1st rounders and you have 7 future NFL players out of 22 starters every year.

Look, he's an Alabama guy supporting an Alabama guy who facilitated Smith having an all-time career year at Alabama. Why shouldn't he prefer the guy who made that happen for him? I doubt Tua is very upset about it, and Mac Jones could go anywhere from top 10 (ridiculous IMHO) to 3rd round. Jones isn't particularly special, but he was solid and productive, much like Tua. Surrounded by great talent, he was a good QB ... but he doesn't have elite arm talent and he's not a special athlete. I simply don't see why people rate him so highly. The game is simply easier at Alabama where all the WR's are 1st rounders and you have 7 future NFL players out of 22 starters every year.

There is no ****ing way Mac Jones makes it out of the first round.

Listen ..I'd take Trevor number 1...but ,what you said ...fits the same bill as Trevor with Clemson...

Back
Top Bottom