D Smith on Mac Jones/Tua | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D Smith on Mac Jones/Tua

Listen ..I'd take Trevor number 1...but ,what you said ...fits the same bill as Trevor with Clemson...
Love ya brother, but Trevor Lawrence has elite arm talent, elite size, and very good athleticism. He also has good production, but his ceiling is light years higher than that of Mac Jones.

Love ya brother, but Trevor Lawrence has elite arm talent, elite size, and very good athleticism. He also has good production, but his ceiling is light years higher than that of Mac Jones.
He just has terrible accuracy in the pocket when getting pressured. No problems there

Just saying..you never know....How QB's were taken before Mahomes?

1)..Chase isn't running a 4.3 on a broken foot..
2) go watch the three years Tua had Ruggs,Waddle,Jeudy and Smith and then YOU tell me who the go to receiver was....easy to look up...
Yeah I’m not sure where Smith being the 3rd target nor a go to guy came from, I distinctly remember plenty of big 3rd downs that went to Smith over Jeudy, Ruggs, and Waddle.

Stronger arm, better athlete yes

What everyone overlooks is the mental part. Tom Brady and Drew Brees are not great athletes.

Yeah I’m not sure where Smith being the 3rd target nor a go to guy came from, I distinctly remember plenty of big 3rd downs that went to Smith over Jeudy, Ruggs, and Waddle.
Lot of people here,just go off of stats....Never watch the games.....plus...all the time when a bama QB was in trouble..it was ALWAYS Smith that would work back for the QB...ALWAYS..

If the Bears don’t get Darnold, he might go there. If the Bears get back to pounding the rock playing tough D, he could work there. The problem is Nagy is basically a Gase. Pace is a mess too.

If I had to give highest odds on Darnold, though, it would be Chicago.

Stronger arm, better athlete yes

What everyone overlooks is the mental part. Tom Brady and Drew Brees are not great athletes.
Actually that's not entirely correct. Go back and look at those guys when they came out--both have very strong arms. Brees velocity was clocked at a very high level at his combine. Tom Brady still has a strong arm--in large part because he's a tall long-limbed QB who knows how to torque his body well. But as far as athleticism, you're right. But, both have traditionally been very strong armed QB's with lots of arm talent. Mac Jones does not have that level of arm talent.

Not super huge news, but it's the off-season so I find any news interesting

Supposedly, he took Mac Jones over Tua in a hearbeat.

Of course means absolutely nothing as far as how the Dolphins evaluate the player, however I found it interesting after so much was said about supposedly reuniting the two together and how Smith should without a doubt be the pick at 3.
I said it here before but I could tell Smith was not a fan of Tua's.

This is wild that people care about this

He broke records playing with one of them and was the #3 option for the other.

He's in a unique position to help Jones get drafted as high as possible. If he says he liked Tua more what does that accomplish? Nothing for him, and it hurts Mac Jones a bit. If he says he likes Mac Jones more what does that do for him? Nothing for him and it helps Mac Jones

247....couple of days ago.....saw it when i was scrolling thru Wastebook....

He can take his 175 lb azz somewhere else.
I don't want another T.Ginn or Y.Gren .
Mr.Glass

I mean you haven't really watched him play football have you?

That is such a bad comparison. They literally have nothing in common when it comes to plays made on the field.

Back
Top Bottom