D Smith on Mac Jones/Tua | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D Smith on Mac Jones/Tua

NYFINest

Active Roster
Reaction score
Not super huge news, but it's the off-season so I find any news interesting

Supposedly, he took Mac Jones over Tua in a hearbeat.

Of course means absolutely nothing as far as how the Dolphins evaluate the player, however I found it interesting after so much was said about supposedly reuniting the two together and how Smith should without a doubt be the pick at 3.

Attachments

• Eu13hFpWgAEvKzs.jpeg
    Eu13hFpWgAEvKzs.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 172
Not super huge news, but it's the off-season so I find any news interesting

Supposedly, he took Mac Jones over Tua in a hearbeat.

Of course means absolutely nothing as far as how the Dolphins evaluate the player, however I found it interesting after so much was said about supposedly reuniting the two together and how Smith should without a doubt be the pick at 3.

For a guy that may get drafted by the Dolphins, i'm not sure that's the kind thing you want to say. That's never the kind of thing you ever wnat to say publicly about any player.

You absolutely give the PC answer and say they were both great and you wouldn't mind playing with either of those talented QBs.

You don't let the media bait you into those types of responses.

Worst, This was supposedly at the Senior Bowl where you're trying to put your best foot foward with the Dolphins?

For a guy that may get drafted by the Dolphins, i'm not sure that's the kind thing you want to say. That's never the kind of thing you ever wnat to say publicly about any player.

You absolutely give the PC answer and say they were both great and you wouldn't mind playing with either of those talented QBs.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Even if you privately believe that Jones is better, that type of answer can certainly make it an awkward reunion if the Dolphins do draft him.

Worst, This was supposedly at the Senior Bowl where you're trying to put your best foot foward with the Dolphins?
Unless he prefers not to have Tua as his QB?

Unless he prefers not to have Tua as his QB?
Yeah but then why even bother showing up at the Senior Bowl...the whole time it was implied that he was there to meet Flores and Co and sell himself as a 3rd overall player to get drafted..since he wasn't gonna practice anyway

Yeah but then why even bother showing up at the Senior Bowl...the whole time it was implied that he was there to meet Flores and Co and sell himself as a 3rd overall player to get drafted..since he wasn't gonna practice anyway
I never got any such "implication". Maybe some did, IDK.

The reality is, ppl are going to spin it however best fits their preferred narrative. Of that much, I am positive.

Isn’t the bigger issue here that anyone could think the likes of Mac Jones are better than Tua? Guy is barely a first rounder. I think we have to hope/assume this is BS.

I mean, Smith won the Heisman with Jones as his QB and Jones is also draft eligible this year. He could just be trying to help a teammate while also being in a good spot with Tua as well.

This is a non-story to me. i would have actually been shocked if he said Tua

I agree it "should be" a non-story. But in this slow offseason it easily can turn into "D.Smith says Mac Jones is a better QB than Tua! Should the Dolphins take him off their boards at #3 overall?"

Bottomline, It's not the smartest thing to say when you're lobbying for the Dolphins to draft you #3 overall.

Back
Top Bottom