D Smith on Mac Jones/Tua | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D Smith on Mac Jones/Tua

Well it IS the off-season and also happens to be a Dolphins forum.

Should we be discussing the world hunger problems or maybe where covid-19 originated?

Maybe we should start another Tua sucks or Watson to the Dolphins thread instead lol
no need for me to discuss hunger. I actually do something about it. I feed homeless people on Tuesdays and Sundays

Let's just draft Smith 1st in the 1st round Mac Jones with our 3rd round pick cause we do need a backup of some sort and end this debate.

On the flip side, if you really believe in your guy (vs. the usual pre-draft smoke), if it's stating what more than a couple of GMs are thinking, it sure makes the #2 and #3 picks way, way more interesting.

That's a nice positive spin.

I'd rather have my stone cold lock QB of the future. I guess i'm more of a pessimist.

Smith just had an excellent year with Jones throwing him the ball. Why wouldn't he say Mac Jones?

No. You have to understand how high Mac Jones actually has a chance to go. It's a lot higher than anybody here thinks.

A lot.

Some teams will have him above Trevor Lawrence on their board.
If Daniel Jones can somehow be picked 6th then Mac Jones absolutely can go in the same range. Perhaps higher. I won't be shocked at anything, other than the Jaguars passing on Trevor Lawrence. Urban Meyer wasn't entering the league unless he could attach his fortunes to Trevor Lawrence. And that's the way to look at it. I doubt Meyer has cared about one throw Lawrence made the past two seasons.

NFL defenses and rules don't swallow quarterbacks like Mac Jones anymore.

I didn't pay much attention to college personnel in 2020 but my impression is that Zach Wilson will be drafted second...one way or another. He's got enough creativity and flashes of brilliance to warrant a gamble on greatness there.

Justin Fields is the wild card to me. Lots of strengths but also quirks and weaknesses. I wouldn't know what to do with him but since j-off-her-dahl is apparently very high on Fields I'll go along with it.

Smith just had an excellent year with Jones throwing him the ball. Why wouldn't he say Mac Jones?
Exactly. And why wouldn't he answer the question honestly and without ulterior motive? The media is an incredible resource if they respect you and you respect them. Maybe Smith is one of the rarities who already understands that.

I had to laugh when Smith was described here as young. At age 22 he should be capable of putting other athletes and coaches on the spot with his own questions, instead of being scared to field questions from them. I remember John Robinson storming out of his office at Heritage Hall and leaving me sitting there for 20 minutes because I had the audacity to ask about premier recruits who got away at the last minute.

If Daniel Jones can somehow be picked 6th then Mac Jones absolutely can go in the same range. Perhaps higher. I won't be shocked at anything, other than the Jaguars passing on Trevor Lawrence. Urban Meyer wasn't entering the league unless he could attach his fortunes to Trevor Lawrence. And that's the way to look at it. I doubt Meyer has cared about one throw Lawrence made the past two seasons.

NFL defenses and rules don't swallow quarterbacks like Mac Jones anymore.

I didn't pay much attention to college personnel in 2020 but my impression is that Zach Wilson will be drafted second...one way or another. He's got enough creativity and flashes of brilliance to warrant a gamble on greatness there.

Justin Fields is the wild card to me. Lots of strengths but also quirks and weaknesses. I wouldn't know what to do with him but since j-off-her-dahl is apparently very high on Fields I'll go along with it.

but Daniel jones was a much better athlete. I’m with you on the won’t be surprised by anything when it comes to the qb position these days but Daniel and matt athletically aren’t in the same ball park

Good. Now it makes it easier for Miami to justify taking Pitts after they trade down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom