D-Train goes to 3-0 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D-Train goes to 3-0

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
Willis is 3-0 now with just a 1.12 ERA and has pitched 2 complete game shut outs, he is on a roll! hopefully he keeps it up, he usually starts off the season good and then cools down

Yeah D-Train is playing very solid but what do you mean usually? Dontrelle only has one complete season under his belt.

last season he started off hot and then played badly towards the end of the year and in his rookie year I beleive he came in at mid season and went 8-0 and then cooled off, in the playoffs he played really bad but thats what you can expect from a rookie

nick19991 said:
Willis is 3-0 now with just a 1.12 ERA and has pitched 2 complete game shut outs, he is on a roll! hopefully he keeps it up, he usually starts off the season good and then cools down

Yeah, I hope he keeps it going... This maybe a potential CY Young year. :)

If they dont start using there pen more his arm, and the arms of the rest of the staff will fall off before the end of the season. Especially with pitchers like Burnett and Beckett who have had injury issues in the past.

How so If they aren't throwing that many pitches? Everyone on ESPN is saying that this is gonna hurt the team but I don't think so. There is no difference in throwing 105 pitches in 7 innings or in 9. Also, we have the lead when pitching the CGs so it isn't like every pitch is a pressure pitch.

Prime Time said:
How so If they aren't throwing that many pitches? Everyone on ESPN is saying that this is gonna hurt the team but I don't think so. There is no difference in throwing 105 pitches in 7 innings or in 9. Also, we have the lead when pitching the CGs so it isn't like every pitch is a pressure pitch.

Because all of these guys have a history of breaking down. Burnett's arm has had major surgery. Willis has slowed in the 2nd half of each season he has played. And Beckett had some arm problems last year.

Why have them throw 9 innings in April? Save some pitches and save their arms. It makes no sense on any level.

MikeO said:
Because all of these guys have a history of breaking down. Burnett's arm has had major surgery. Willis has slowed in the 2nd half of each season he has played. And Beckett had some arm problems last year.

Why have them throw 9 innings in April? Save some pitches and save their arms. It makes no sense on any level.

At first I disagreed with you... Early on, get your arm strong, not a big deal.

It's getting stupid at this point. By late May/June these guys are gonna struggle.

How did the Marlins win the WS? Their pitchers got hurt and had 2 months rest and were fresh. Owell, the Braves will win the division anyway.

Hostile7 said:
At first I disagreed with you... Early on, get your arm strong, not a big deal.

It's getting stupid at this point. By late May/June these guys are gonna struggle.

How did the Marlins win the WS? Their pitchers got hurt and had 2 months rest and were fresh. Owell, the Braves will win the division anyway.

Disagree. The Marlins are gonna take the division this year.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Disagree. The Marlins are gonna take the division this year.

13 years of history isn't on their side!

MikeO said:

86 years of history wasn't on the Red Sox side in the 2004 ALCS, and I'm pretty sure you have a good idea of what happened there. :lol:

What a WEAK arguement..

MikeO said:

then you could say that the Marlins will win the world seris as a wild card team, history is on their side in that case since they have done it twice as a wild card team

MikeO said:

Nobody cares about the Braves winning the NL East...

It's all about winning games when they really really count...Marlins have yet to lose a playoff series in franchise history... :)

Prime Time said:

If it were me I would take them out in the 7th with the lead, get the pen some work and let the starters rest a bit. If they were all young pitchers with no injury issues I say whatever, but these guys have had problems in the past and I wouldnt want to push them. D-Train has been healthy, but Burnett and Beckett havent been. If these pitchers get injured again the Marlins season is over, I'd protect the investment a little more is all

TerryTate said:
Nobody cares about the Braves winning the NL East...

It's all about winning games when they really really count...Marlins have yet to lose a playoff series in franchise history... :)

The guy said the Marlins were going to win the NL East! :shakeno: :shakeno: That is the discussion!! :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom