*** Da Canes *** | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Da Canes ***

I'm wondering if they put Cam Cameron in charge of the program.

I knew it would take some time for the program to turn around. New coaches, new scheme for existing players to adjust to.

I like the improvements in recruiting thus far. It will show up sooner or later on the field.

The secondary needs help. They give up too many big plays on blown coverages.

I do like our young receiving corps. There's some potential stars there.

This is the first year of a top-to-bottom rebuild. They're finally putting more emphasis on the sports programs. I'll be patient.

🙌

I appreciate your optimism but I fear this is going to be the same story I've heard since Randy Shannon: great recruiting, bad coaching. I expected some growing pains this year but seeing teams like Middle Tennessee State and Duke beat up and taunt the U is a new low for this program. I'm starting to understand why Oregon fans weren't upset with Cristobal leaving. Hopefully they're proven wrong but what a terrible first year for this staff.

The Miami Hurricanes landed a surprise commitment from five-star cornerback Cormani McClain on Thursday night and social media exploded.

McClain, the No. 2 overall player in the country according to the 247Sports composite, committed to Miami over in-state rival Florida.

Following McClain’s commitment, the Hurricanes jumped up to No. 8 in the 247Sports Team Recruiting Rankings.

Cormani is a ****ing amazing get. I can now just let this season slide whatever the outcome, lol. He’s going to bring others with him too.

We need to flip Brandon Inniss from Ohio State and that would be awesome.

I get zero joy/excitement out of watching TVD quarterback my team. I’d honestly go with Jaccuri Brown the rest of the way — he’s super raw but at least there’s talent and upside there unlike Garcia who belongs as a JUCO QB2. Hopefully TVD declares and Garcia transfers to a smaller school. Could care less about whether or not we become bowl eligible. Don’t want to watch this horrible football team get destroyed in a bowl game.

Can’t wait to get Rashada in here. Some real talent. I have super high hopes for him.

Yeah, this FSU game went about how I expected it would. Cam Cameron would've done a better job than Cristobal.

- Get beat up by Middle Tennessee State
- 8 turnovers against Duke (another embarrassing loss)
- 0 touchdowns in two games
- Lose by 42 to FSU

This season just keeps getting worse for Miami.

It is apparent that this team just doesn’t want to play for this coaching staff. For all the issues Manny had as a head coach. At least the players played hard for him and his coaching staff.

This team just seems to want to get the season over so they don’t have to deal with Cristobal anymore. It won’t surprise me if several players enter the transfer portal and some of the recruits who have committed to Miami decide to sign with another college instead.

As a fan of the Hurricanes since moving to South Florida in 1961. This years team is the biggest disappoint in all those years for me. Cristobal and his highly paid coaching staff have been a major failure so far,IMO.

The problem isn’t Mario Cristobal. The problem isn’t Manny Diaz. It isn’t Mark Richt. Or Al Golden. Or Randy Shannon. Or Larry Coker.

The truth is - there isn’t a problem.

I’ve already told you what the reality is. They are what they always were before a 20 year spurt in the 80’s and 90’s where they paid south Florida talent to stay home and Miami was able to make their own schedule every year as an independent.

Miami is a past their prime private school. They are BYU with a beach. Except BYU at least has an on campus stadium.

The only difference now is NIL has created an environment where certain programs are using collectives in order to get recruits to sign out of high school. Which isn’t what NIL was designed for.

It was designed for kids who get on campus who put in the work, produce and become stars, to be able to profit off their name and likeness instead of everybody else profiting off of it.

It’s purpose isn’t to entice players out of high school who haven’t proven anything yet to commit to your program, or to entice mediocre kids from other programs to hit the transfer portal and transfer into your program based on the promise of money.

That is not recipe for success. There are no shortcuts.

You haven’t seen anything yet.

Back
Top Bottom