*** Da Canes *** | Page 57 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Da Canes ***

Good. GTFO of Hard Rock.
It’s not a stadium unfortunately. They are still in Hard Rock for the foreseeable future. I haven’t followed the latest with the tropical park stadium plans but it wasn’t promising and if it isn’t built there then UM will likely never get their own stadium. Simply nowhere to build it close to campus.

It’s not a stadium unfortunately. They are still in Hard Rock for the foreseeable future. I haven’t followed the latest with the tropical park stadium plans but it wasn’t promising and if it isn’t built there then UM will likely never get their own stadium. Simply nowhere to build it close to campus.
Build it on Mars. Just get out of Hard Rock and quit tearing up the turf. Dolphins did enough to pay back the Orange Bowl favor. Real teams have their own stadiums these days.

We're good

Rather play in a state of the art pro venue than a swamp :bobdole:

I gotta say, as much as I've liked what Napier has done at Florida so far, Cristobal has done surprisingly well!

Hot damn to have both teams back in serious contention again, soon!

The two brothers with the Tropical Park plan are very rich and persistent and influential. Beyond anything, they have the correct priorities. Several college programs have moved back to campus after long rationalizing that it wasn't necessary or beneficial.

Games at Hard Rock are not college football. I'll never understand how that isn't fully recognized. The atmosphere is nothing compared to virtually anywhere else. I finally attended a game at Georgia Tech this season, after watching televised games from that stadium all my life. It vastly exceeded expectations. Even with that urban campus the pre game atmosphere was awesome, with all the fraternities and sororities ringed in close proximity to the stadium and fully engaged in loud obnoxious fun parties. As an older guy they didn't feel threatened by my Canes gear. I was actually welcome all over the place, handed beer and food. Then as capper it was great fun to walk up the hill and watch the band and Ramblin Wreck car steadily make its way down to the stadium, where there was even more song and festivities before entering.

At Hard Rock you sit in a parking lot. Everything is such a pathetic substitute. It wouldn't be full campus experience at Tropical Park but a heck of a lot closer to Orange Bowl experience. Everyone remembers the Orange Bowl from the neighborhood, not the parking lot. The neighborhood was the parking lot. Heck, Bird Road is right there at Tropical Park. That street is already well known for how rowdy it got during hours of pots and pans after Heat titles. Likewise it is always very active and intense during political season.

The tragedy with the Canes was a full century ago. There actually was a minor stadium on campus, with plans to expand it into a real stadium. If that had happened it would still be there today. Coral Gables influence would be muted. Very few examples like Pittsburgh where they have a venue on campus only to tear it down and relocate.

Here is a video:

The two brothers with the Tropical Park plan are very rich and persistent and influential. Beyond anything, they have the correct priorities. Several college programs have moved back to campus after long rationalizing that it wasn't necessary or beneficial.

Games at Hard Rock are not college football. I'll never understand how that isn't fully recognized. The atmosphere is nothing compared to virtually anywhere else. I finally attended a game at Georgia Tech this season, after watching televised games from that stadium all my life. It vastly exceeded expectations. Even with that urban campus the pre game atmosphere was awesome, with all the fraternities and sororities ringed in close proximity to the stadium and fully engaged in loud obnoxious fun parties. As an older guy they didn't feel threatened by my Canes gear. I was actually welcome all over the place, handed beer and food. Then as capper it was great fun to walk up the hill and watch the band and Ramblin Wreck car steadily make its way down to the stadium, where there was even more song and festivities before entering.

At Hard Rock you sit in a parking lot. Everything is such a pathetic substitute. It wouldn't be full campus experience at Tropical Park but a heck of a lot closer to Orange Bowl experience. Everyone remembers the Orange Bowl from the neighborhood, not the parking lot. The neighborhood was the parking lot. Heck, Bird Road is right there at Tropical Park. That street is already well known for how rowdy it got during hours of pots and pans after Heat titles. Likewise it is always very active and intense during political season.

The tragedy with the Canes was a full century ago. There actually was a minor stadium on campus, with plans to expand it into a real stadium. If that had happened it would still be there today. Coral Gables influence would be muted. Very few examples like Pittsburgh where they have a venue on campus only to tear it down and relocate.

Here is a video:

Very interesting brother Awsi. Never knew about the stadiums

Hard rock with never be like the college experience at an on campus college stadium

I guess the closest we can hope for is a repeat of the feeling at the VT and Notre Dame games in 2017

Another factor is the small size of the UM student body (about 12,000).

If every single student went to the game it would just fill one section :shrug:

Here is a video:

Very cool video. Never knew they had an on campus stadium back then. Such a shame it wasn’t preserved. Tearing down the orange bowl for a cookie cutter baseball stadium drove a stake right through the heart of UM football. I hope the tropical park plan can happen. You are correct about hard rock. I said before it feels like some type of xfl amateur football league experience. Such a disadvantage for the hurricanes before the game is even started.

Back
Top Bottom