Dallas Cowboys' New Stadium | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dallas Cowboys' New Stadium

Mindwarp

Captain Caveman
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys have unveiled the design of their new stadium, which is scheduled to open in 2009 in Arlington, Texas.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mu...y/0612/gallery.cowboys.stadium/content.1.html

night-1.jpg

scoreboard-1.jpg

Wow. That is amazing. :eek:

I wish we could have a new stadium. Our stadium is a little too wide. I hope the remodelling changes that, I would like to see the seats closer to the field.

$1 Billion for a Football stadium is crazy to even think about.

I saw that today also, click the link there are more pics. Looks like it will be a verry cool stadium.

inside-1.jpg

I was thinking with that big of a scoreboard gonna cause some lighting and shadows problems.

That scoreboard is attatched by wires? Boy, I hope it doesn't fall and land on T.O.'s ego.

Well it's releasing in 2009, I would think that Terrell Owens would be retired by then. What is he, 34 years old now?

im jealous...we should have a new stadium

I want to see a site plan, what's with that 8 lane road cutting through the axis? Pretty stadium to stay the least, though I thought they might go with a different cladding systems. ETFE foil would be GREAT for a climate like Dallas, and allow them the daylighting they desire. But eh.

Also, it's a bit weird to have the stadium open only above the field (as it appears). Is it their claim that weather only affects the field? Just a bit different....Those are beautiful renders (albeit glorified)

HysterikiLL said:
That scoreboard is attatched by wires? Boy, I hope it doesn't fall and land on T.O.'s ego.

T.O's ego is so big that its whats holding the scoreboard up.

Phinzone said:
Also, it's a bit weird to have the stadium open only above the field (as it appears). Is it their claim that weather only affects the field? Just a bit different....Those are beautiful renders (albeit glorified)

The hole in the Texas Stadium roof was intended for that, although Cowboys fans insist it is so that "God can watch the Cowboys play." The hole in the new stadium roof is simply to pay homage to the old Texas Stadium -- it has a retractable roof that will close when it rains.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
The hole in the Texas Stadium roof was intended for that, although Cowboys fans insist it is so that "God can watch the Cowboys play." The hole in the new stadium roof is simply to pay homage to the old Texas Stadium -- it has a retractable roof that will close when it rains.

lol, so god can watch them play :)

I'm more curious as to why it only retracts over the field, and not the fans at all. If it's bad weather, it'll be closed, if it's good weather the fans won't get to bask in the sun.

ok visited the link and read a little more about it.

The sliding top is eh, i see no point in paying homage to "a hole in the roof" when it's an inferior design to a totally retractable roof, but whatever.

Next I like te two sliding doors at the ends, It will be interesting to see how they implement filtering of people though. It's a little odd to have this oval building cut by such a drastic line of symmetry, but oh well.

Last but not least, I don't get how it will "glow blue" unless they are planning on installying lights to glow out of the window, in which chase like I said ETFE foil is a much more green, economical, and cool material to use (they could change the ENITRE stadiums color if they used it).

Still has some nice features.

Back
Top Bottom