Dallas paper reporting NO tag for Miles Austin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dallas paper reporting NO tag for Miles Austin

He is still going to be a restricted free agent. Would cost a 1st and 3rd round pick to sign him.

IMO i would rather get marshall with a 2nd rounder and he is somewhat better and more experenced than austin then we could use our first on a LB and a 3rd on a NT or another LB :hi5:

hahahaha. wow. franchising a RFA sounds like a "bills" move. anyways, cowboys don't need to tag a RFA.

I think the tagging issue comes into play if the CBA were to suddenly get settled at the 11th hour, Austin would become a UFA and the 'boys will have missed the deadline to tag him. That's why tagging an RFA might not be a bad strategy if he's that good and you think there's a sliver of a chance that the CBA gets extended.

This is an idiotic thread. He's currently a RFA, but he'll be re-signed before FA even begins. No way Dallas is losing this guy.

Why resign him? Pay a ton of money for what could be a 1 yr wonder like Roy Williams? Just give him the 1st and 3rd round tender and see if anyone is dumb enough to bite.

Austin has said he wants to remain in Dallas anyway. He loves Parcells, but he loves Dallas too. If they can do a deal, he'd like to stay.

If they go that route(the fins) that wouldn't be in line with parcells, especially when the team needs it's draft picks. Look the fins did Ok last season without this big monstrous #1 WR. I hope they don't over react and pay too much. If chad henne don't mature as a QB it's not going to make a bit of difference who's the #1 WR is. Those interceptions last year wasn't all because of a big target.

if Miles is worth a 1st and 3rd then I'm a monkey's uncle
banana-1.gif

This thread is hilarious to me. And I really hope WildBill3 was kidding, that was really funny to read as well. :lol:

skeptical as well of the one year of production. if he had three straight years of those kinds of numbers than who knows. but I think I'm hanging on to my 1st and 3rd round picks.

Back
Top Bottom