Dallas paper reporting NO tag for Miles Austin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dallas paper reporting NO tag for Miles Austin

Giving up a 1 and 3 would be a huge mistake for some who has one good year out of four year

If you're considering D. Bryant with the 1st, you HAVE to consider Austin for a 1st and a 3rd.

I dont see i that way. Bryant will be cheaper cost less of a pick and could potentially be better than Austin. Why not Vincent Jackon who has prove alot more to this point or Brandon Marshall who will be cheaper. Its not good business to give up a 1st that high and a third for a guy who has not shown ability for more than one year

If you're considering D. Bryant with the 1st, you HAVE to consider Austin for a 1st and a 3rd.
IMO Dez Bryant has more upside and we would only be using one pick for bryant not 2 if it was a 1st and say a 6th for Austin yea i would really consider that but not 2 high draft picks

IMO Dez Bryant has more upside and we would only be using one pick for bryant not 2 if it was a 1st and say a 6th for Austin yea i would really consider that but not 2 high draft picks

I still wouldnt trade a first round pick for a guy that performed at a high level 25 percent of his NFL career. Not to mention you still have to pay him a fat contract.The guy could be a stud but this is overpaying for his performance. I say if we want a receiver that bad draft Dez Bryant. We have alot of needs and giving up multiple picks for this guy is not smart business. Antonio Bryant has shown he can play at a high level and would come cheap or trade for Brandon Marshall who is no doubt a stud in this league.

God isn't worth a 1st and a 3rd.

That's ridiculous. In 2009 we got Vontae Davis and Patrick Turner with our 1st and 3rd. Is Miles Austin worth Davis and Turner? Well, considering that we're probably going to cut Turner, I would say Miles Austin would be worth those two guys, even though I think Vontae is going to be good.

2008 you can't look at becuase we had the #1 overall pick.

In 2007 we got Ted Ginn in the 1st and Lorenzo Booker in ther third. I'm sure no one is going to argue that Austin isn't worth Ginn and the departed Booker.

In 2006 we got Jason Allen in the first and the departed Derek Hagan in the third.

So, tell me again why first and third round picks are so valuable that we couldn't possibly give them up in exchange for the big-time receiver that could take us to another level?

That's ridiculous. In 2009 we got Vontae Davis and Patrick Turner with our 1st and 3rd. Is Miles Austin worth Davis and Turner? Well, considering that we're probably going to cut Turner, I would say Miles Austin would be worth those two guys, even though I think Vontae is going to be good.

2008 you can't look at becuase we had the #1 overall pick.

In 2007 we got Ted Ginn in the 1st and Lorenzo Booker in ther third. I'm sure no one is going to argue that Austin isn't worth Ginn and the departed Booker.

In 2006 we got Jason Allen in the first and the departed Derek Hagan in the third.

So, tell me again why first and third round picks are so valuable that we couldn't possibly give them up in exchange for the big-time receiver that could take us to another level?
because BP drafted those players in 06 and 07, right?

I disagree only because he has one year of production, he easily could be slightly above average the rest of his career while getting paid like a top receiver. I wouldn't trade a 1st and 3rd for him, it's too much. I'd rather take my chances with waiting for DEZ or giving up a 3rd for Boldin.

I agree with you because this year draft is going to be one of the best because of how many 3rd year players are getting out this year because next year after there will be a salary cap on rookies. And we should not give up our 1st period.

I'd give up the #12 pick only to stockpile picks, otw you take the best player on the board.

Going from #12 to say #24 plus a extra late 2nd or early 3rd would be ideal.

Deep draft this year.

Back
Top Bottom