Dallas trade with Miami?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dallas trade with Miami??

ItalianDolFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
i was watching an NFL Draft Countdown Special today from 1-2pm and the guy said that DALLAS might trade their 11th and 20th pick in the 1st round for Miami's 2nd pick.

Another announcer said that Adrian McPherson is an issue, and that Miami has been spending LOTS of time with Charlie Frye. I dont know, but it looks like Miami is gonna skip on Alex Smith. If Miami trades with anyone, id want Tampa's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. But if Dallas trades their 11th and 20th...their wont be Rodgers or Smith, Brown/Benson/Cadillac, or Edwards/Williams. So what do we do with the 11th and 20th? Even tho we have good linebackers, we may pick Derrick Johnson with that pick...or we may pick Jammal Brown or Khalif Barnes at LT. I just hope we get that 2nd round pick so we dont miss out on Charlie Frye. The announcer also made a good statement saying that HISTORICALLY, the guys taken in the 2ND ROUND have done better than the guys taken in the 1st round. IMO probably because the top players taken go to the worst teams.

What r ur thoughts on the Dallas trade?

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Dallas has no interest in moving up. There is no talk about that down here.

Who knows, Dallas, well not dallas Tuna is desperate for a 11-5 season or better.

Charlie Frye has been said to be over rated and have huge bust potential.

I have heard nothing but Dallas wants to move down and not up...this is news to me

Joey 22 said:
Who knows, Dallas, well not dallas Tuna is desperate for a 11-5 season or better.

Tuna is gone after this season, regardless how the Cowboys do. I think he'll do the best he can with what he can get, but not invest too much emotionally in the record.

Tuna won't bow out unless he does something big. I can't see him leaving Dallas with his tail between his legs!

if we take any QB in the second round it better be Jason Campbell. he is gunna be raw!

We don't want "French Frye," I would take Adrian McPherson before Frye. The Tuna can't be too excited with Drew Bledsoe, but if I were the Phins I would not trade down our #2 for Dallas' picks. :shakeno:

Even thought I don't think we'll trade down with the Cowboys, if we do, I think we could get Caddy (possibily) or Barron.

Barron? So maybe this whole "promise" made with McIntosh was a scheme to get other teams to think we are going for a RB or QB. The announcers on the show were right, u can get urself a FRANCHISE QB or RB early, or u can get one just as good in the later rounds. But most "experts" think Jammal Brown and Khalif Barnes are better than Alex Barron. Did u hear about that Center from UNC who benches 615 POUNDS??? wow we could surely use his strength!

Parcells is very well known for liking veteran guys and NOT trusting rookies. I can't see him trading both picks to move up to #2 and put the franchise's fate in the hands of a rookie.

caneaddict said:
Parcells is very well known for liking veteran guys and NOT trusting rookies. I can't see him trading both picks to move up to #2 and put the franchise's fate in the hands of a rookie.

i think thats why Parcells is one of the best coaches in the NFL. Sure he hasnt gone to a Super Bowl in awhile, but wherever he coached he did very well in. Instead of trusting a rookie who u have no idea will do good or not, he trusts guys who already are good. Does anybody talk about Carson Palmer, Eli Manning anymore??

Back
Top Bottom