Dalvin Cook to Miami scenario | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dalvin Cook to Miami scenario

I would love Dalvin cook. Pay him while Tuas on his Rookie deal and hope it all works out.

No thanks. You draft your star RB or go bargain shopping.

The average RB falls off pretty hard after year 6 on average. You shouldn't give a large long term contract to one, when the numbers say you'll get 2 good years out of it.

1119.jpg

You don't want to pay these big name RB's that second contract. Especially not one with Cook's injury history.

Last edited:
he has missed what 29/48 games and now wants CMC money? Yeah that's gonna be a no for me dog.

On top of his injuries, they also drafted Mattson last year and Mike Boone has showed promise. We could wait them out instead of giving up anything.

he has missed what 29/48 games and now wants CMC money? Yeah that's gonna be a no for me dog.

On top of his injuries, they also drafted Mattson last year and Mike Boone has showed promise. We could wait them out instead of giving up anything.

That is pretty bad. I knew about the ACL but he's been pretty fragile otherwise as well.

Yup, lets pay top RB dollar for an IR spot

It would be an interesting move. I think if we can get a four year deal we could have two years of him at his prime and one year splitting carries with a drafted back. Could always cut him fourth year since he won’t cost much in dead cap space.

He likely won’t be happy with a four year deal but maybe if we guarantee the first two seasons in full, it could be worked out

I'm sorry... but this is just nuts.

RBs can be had in the second round of the draft. They come in on cheap contracts and without a history of injuries...

Why would ANY rebuilding team take a shot on an expensive RB???

I've seen a lot of crazy trade ideas on here, but this one takes the cake.

The obvious question is, why is his old team ready to move on? His is a productive RB when healthy. He has had an injury history. He wants BIG money. Why is every unhappy player linked to us? I don't think this is where Grier and Flores wants to go. The RB situation has already been addressed.

Back
Top Bottom