Dalvin Cook to Miami scenario | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dalvin Cook to Miami scenario

Every year you have decent RBs looking for a job ... exactly WHY would you pay TOP $$$ for one with a substantive injury history??

There's so much recent precedent about paying a RB and why it's a bad decision. The only guy i'd consider paying big money is Derrick Henry and that would only be for 3 years at most.

Dalvin Cook and numerous other top of the line RBs were available in the middle rounds of drafts. Draft one of those guys.

Additionally, the two RBs in the super bowl this year were UDFAs and one of them was on our team.

I'm a huge FSU fan and I would pass on trading for him. He wants a big deal and he's only had one good season so far (first two seasons were injury ridden). He's yet to play 16 games in three seasons; I'd rather go the way we are currently with two average backs and hope for a break out. Hopefully we can draft a good back next year.

This regime will never pay even a top tier running back with no injury history that kind of money, let alone give up draft picks to acquire one with injury history in the first place. They will draft someone, ride him out and replace him with a younger body. It's too bad for RBs but with very rare exceptions, they are not worth the investment.

Miami may be in a position with their draft capital to just draft whoever they want next year be that early in the draft or if they see value, later. They will be patient and it's smart.

You know it wasn't his proposal, right? He just posted a video link.
Right, I’m not blaming the poster per say, blaming the proposal itself. It’s just dumb. I guess I should not have used “dont post“ as if he proposed it

Right, I’m not blaming the poster per say, blaming the proposal itself. It’s just dumb. I guess I should not have used “dont post“ as if he proposed it

I get it. But...I mean...it's June, and there's nothing else besides auto racing.

People blasting the compensation, of Cook is holding out and ends up being traded team who acquired him will have to pay him big money, plus he’s been injury prone, and he’s a RB which is a devalued position. Vikings would be lucky to get a second for him honestly

With the current CBA and his injury history, he really doesn't have a leg to stand on here. No pun intended. Well, maybe a little. But him holding out would be absolutely crazy - he'd lose a year toward free agency.

If I'm Dalvin Cook:

"I believe it's in the best interest of the Vikings and myself to secure a long-term extension beyond 2020 that works for both parties. I want to be a Viking for life; I've proven that I'm willing to give everything I have to and for this team, and I think they're better with me here. I hope they feel the same way about me, and I'd like to get this resolved before training camp starts."

Not paying an RB big money with his injury history.

Don't see how this trade idea fits into Mister Grier's vision
nor methodology -- therefore BNF announces this potential
deal de jour DOA. Beyond that, have a nice day!

:)

If I'm the NFL players association, I push for shorter RB contracts the next time the contract comes up.

Recognize the problem and make rookie RB deals 3 years max.

Back
Top Bottom