Dalvin Cook to Miami scenario | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dalvin Cook to Miami scenario

As much as I love a stud rb hes usually hurt and I'd much rather spend those types of $$ on a very angry pass rusher.

RBs are a dime a dozen these days; you can pick up an effective one fairly cheaply in the draft. No use in spending bookoo bucks on a guy like Cook, as good as he may be when he's healthy.

If it were the piece to put us over the top? I'd consider it...but as it is now? By the time we get rolling, he'll be less effective and we'll have a **** ton of money tied up with him. No thanks.

This reads more like a salary dump for a pick scenario to a team people think would toss money at a RB.

Your thoughts anyone??? You can watch the segment here

View attachment 48451

No thank you. He’s missed 19 games since he came into the league 3 seasons ago and he is going to want huge money. I’d rather just draft another back with one of our top 5 picks next year, have a fresh new back on his rookie contract for a few years. We aren’t going to the superbowl this year, so why sign an often injured player who is going to want a huge deal which will eat up more of our cap room as he continues to rack up missed games due to injury when we can just see what we have with he backs we brought on this year and just draft another back next year? it’s not like he’s going to get more durable as he racks up more carries and hits.

Last edited:
If I'm the NFL players association, I push for shorter RB contracts the next time the contract comes up.

Recognize the problem and make rookie RB deals 3 years max.
That is a very interesting idea. But I think the nflpa would run into issues, why structure only one position. Although I really think if done right, your idea could be implemented across the board for the benefit of all players.

Very talented player but also an injury risk. Not sure Miami would be willing to spend big money on Cook? I was a bit confused when rumors surfaced about Miami trade interest in Leonard Fornette, because he doesn't fit either, with his salary as is. Looks to be they will be bargin hunting or bargin shopping for RB's from here on out.

Very talented player but also an injury risk. Not sure Miami would be willing to spend big money on Cook? I was a bit confused when rumors surfaced about Miami trade interest in Leonard Fornette, because he doesn't fit either, with his salary as is. Looks to be they will be bargin hunting or bargin shopping for RB's from here on out.
Probably agents using Miami as a interest builder to try to get someone to bite on paying more money.

Like a lot of people I believe we would be a lot better in 2020 with Dalvin Cook. However long term agenda definitely still effect right now so it’s not a good fit $$ wise and draft pick wise.

The Dolphins are in a position to be looking at drafting there Dalvin Cook next year, instead of trading/paying one now.

I think him holding out shows he isn't 100% confident that he can remain healthy and make it to a big second contact.

I legit had a dream last night we got Elliot from the cowboys for a 1st rd pick. Also dreamt I was driving my car again from the backseat. Should i see a therapist?

I legit had a dream last night we got Elliot from the cowboys for a 1st rd pick. Also dreamt I was driving my car again from the backseat. Should i see a therapist?
You should probably get tested for corona if you were with him

I think just like last year, with all the extra picks, the Dolphins will be rumored to be involved in many trades

Back
Top Bottom