Damion Cook... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damion Cook...

FinNasty

"The Sticker Dunk"
Reaction score
I dont really know alot about this guy... do any of you all know much about him? He is huge at 6'5" 330 lbs. the kind Houck likes. Do you all think he will start?

Nasty

5810-1.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/237088
http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?ID=30607

The newly signed Damion Cook will come in to compete at guard. Cook started the final six games for the Cleveland Browns last season before becoming a free agent. At 6-5, 320lb. he is one of the team’s heaviest and tallest players. His current strength is in the run game with some real work to do as a pass blocker. This is actually Cook’s second stint as a Dolphin, having spent time on the 2003 practice squad.
He's a big, versatile guy from the footballing hotbead that is Bethune-Cookman. I think he is very coachable and it wouldn't suprise me to see him start somewhere along the line.

If Carey is really moving to LT then I see Cook competing with Hadnot at RG and providing depth if he doesn't start.

shouright said:
If Carey is really moving to LT then I see Cook competing with Hadnot at RG and providing depth if he doesn't start.
yup... spot on.

ATM... I think McIntosh will beat out Carey at LT, and Carey will start at RG, but if Carey plays LT then I think Cook will play RG. It is pheasible that he beats out Jeno.

Carey really needs to get rid of that tire around his waist and drop down to about 315-320 to play LT. There's no way he's gonna have the mobility required of the position weighing 335-340.

shouright said:
Carey really needs to get rid of that tire around his waist and drop down to about 315-320 to play LT. There's no way he's gonna have the mobility required of the position weighing 335-340.
:yeahthat:

finsnchips said:
yup... spot on.

ATM... I think McIntosh will beat out Carey at LT, and Carey will start at RG, but if Carey plays LT then I think Cook will play RG. It is pheasible that he beats out Jeno.

Jeno James is our starting LG period. He is a good player and may get noticed more this year with the rest of the line improving.

i think jeno james is very good blocker, more than we think he is.. what he lacks is leadership in the offensive line..

thats what we needed for the oline, he was good at times, but on others seth mckinney made it look like it was james fault.

The real question is...who is our center? McKinney is horrible!

armyfinfan said:
Jeno James is our starting LG period. He is a good player and may get noticed more this year with the rest of the line improving.
we'll see... I like Jeno but he had a horrible year last year and has a lot to prove. More than anything, he's got to prove to Saban that he is worth the money that he is getting paid.

cook will not start for us this year... hes not beating out james or hadnot i dont think... and especially not carey if he doesn't land the LT role... i think saban and houck want carey on the line somewhere this upcoming year...

arsenal said:
cook will not start for us this year... hes not beating out james or hadnot i dont think... and especially not carey if he doesn't land the LT role... i think saban and houck want carey on the line somewhere this upcoming year...

IF he cant' beat any of those guys for a spot on our team than he is TOTALLY USELESS! Cause last year just about anybody could've beaten our guys out.

Can we win a SB said:
i think jeno james is very good blocker, more than we think he is.. what he lacks is leadership in the offensive line..

thats what we needed for the oline, he was good at times, but on others seth mckinney made it look like it was james fault.

I did quite a few reviews of the OL last season, going play by play. Frankly, James was overpowered way too much. Maybe he is better than he showed, but based on last year I wouldn't praise his performance or ability.

dolphinheel said:
The real question is...who is our center? McKinney is horrible!
That is the big question. McKinney showed some promise two years ago... hopefully Houck can get him up to par. OR we can have St. Clair or Hadnot step in. We'll see!

Back
Top Bottom