Damn Chambers contract jumps | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damn Chambers contract jumps

No, I don't have a link... but couple days ago I believe it was the Herald who reported that he will be restructuring his contract to get us further under the salary cap. He prob won't make any less, but the salary should be lessened and changed partly to a bonus. Regardless, you're 100% right... he's making too much for how he's produced.

i am 100 and 10% for chambers. he is a pro bowl receiver if put in the slot. no one here considers the fact that he is pro bowl and every other team puts there attention to him which makes everyone else productive ala TG of kansas city. If he has stellar numbers and wasn't blocking would Larry Johnson have the numbers he has? NO. LJ is a talent, but blocking is what made him a star. Chambers is being used wrong. HE IS REGIE WAYNE. AN INCREDIBLE #2 THAT NEEDS A #1 TO LOOK LIKE A #1. Renegotiate the contract, trade booker and a lower pick for moss (he is not the cancer everyone thinks he is, more like herpies lol), reunite him with CPep under Saban. Trade the rest of the draft if we have to, to move up and get Joe Thomas and BAM whats up now? Saban, CPep (healthy), Brown, Moss, McMichael, Chambers, Hagan, Welker, Joe Thomas are u kidding me? Most of these guys are locked up for a while so all the attention can turn to next years draft and it can be all defense next year to replace the d-line (they can make it another year) and secondary and a possible trade of Taylor or Thomas for major draft picks (it will finally be that time in their career for the hershal walker trade, but don't trade both). Hello Dynasty. Yeah u build through the draft and that will be the biggest knock on my post, but we built through the draft with moss and joe thomas, lowered cap space with trading booker, renegotiated chamber cap hit which gives us more cap room, gave chambers the #1 that will make him the #1, added ricky williams (dont comment on this i love him but this is a whole other forum topic so leave it alone), and give a blocker that we havent had over there since webb. SUPER BOWL, DYNASTY, WHAT WHAT!!!

Well, there's his pay for his Pro Bowl 2005 season where he didn't make ****

Let's put it like that, and give him a chance to earn his 2008 check.......

i am 100 and 10% for chambers. he is a pro bowl receiver if put in the slot. no one here considers the fact that he is pro bowl and every other team puts there attention to him which makes everyone else productive ala TG of kansas city. If he has stellar numbers and wasn't blocking would Larry Johnson have the numbers he has? NO. LJ is a talent, but blocking is what made him a star. Chambers is being used wrong. HE IS REGIE WAYNE. AN INCREDIBLE #2 THAT NEEDS A #1 TO LOOK LIKE A #1. Renegotiate the contract, trade booker and a lower pick for moss (he is not the cancer everyone thinks he is, more like herpies lol), reunite him with CPep under Saban. Trade the rest of the draft if we have to, to move up and get Joe Thomas and BAM whats up now? Saban, CPep (healthy), Brown, Moss, McMichael, Chambers, Hagan, Welker, Joe Thomas are u kidding me? Most of these guys are locked up for a while so all the attention can turn to next years draft and it can be all defense next year to replace the d-line (they can make it another year) and secondary and a possible trade of Taylor or Thomas for major draft picks (it will finally be that time in their career for the hershal walker trade, but don't trade both). Hello Dynasty. Yeah u build through the draft and that will be the biggest knock on my post, but we built through the draft with moss and joe thomas, lowered cap space with trading booker, renegotiated chamber cap hit which gives us more cap room, gave chambers the #1 that will make him the #1, added ricky williams (dont comment on this i love him but this is a whole other forum topic so leave it alone), and give a blocker that we havent had over there since webb. SUPER BOWL, DYNASTY, WHAT WHAT!!!

He's still not worth 5.4mil.

chambers has to go it is a joke that we have him at number 1 reciever he is a total waste of money we need someone in the offseason like drew bennett to be brought in to replace him.

chambers has to go it is a joke that we have him at number 1 reciever he is a total waste of money we need someone in the offseason like drew bennett to be brought in to replace him.

You cannot possibly be serious? Bennett isn't a #1 on his team, yet you want him to become a #1 here? Talk about taking a step backwards.

I think quite a few players will have to restructure especially on Defense for next season. Chambers has to restructure, we cant afford those numbers for his play this season. It doesnt warrant those big buck numbers.

I wouldn't even bother asking him to restructure. Just cut him. He drops way too many balls when trying to get first downs. Consistency and reliability is paramount.

Ok, come on, cut him? Seriously? I know he has a huge case of dropsies and by no stretch of the imagination do I think he DESERVES 5.4 next year. But cutting him would be idiotic. Here's why...

-He's in the middle of a large contract, if we cut him we're still going to be taking a cap hit for doing so over the next couple of years.
-He's going to restructure to give us more cap room.
-Even despite his drops he's still got a massive amount of talent.

I think Chambers was the one who was hurt the most by having Joey Harrington in (however well Joey may or may not have played). I paid a lot of attention to Joey going through his progression and on a shocking number of plays he didn't even look for Chambers, not to mention a lot of balls he did put to Chambers were uncatchable or difficult to say the least. I'm not trying to defend Chamber's season, because he underproduced in a big way, but I think cutting him would be foolish.

Back
Top Bottom