Dan 4th all-time on Whitlock's greatest list | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan 4th all-time on Whitlock's greatest list

Dan Then Johnny U. Elway Mabey At Five. Peyton At 3 Or At Least He Will Be Three. And I Like Warren Moon In The Top Ten Yes I Said It.

Dan Then Johnny U. Elway Mabey At Five. Peyton At 3 Or At Least He Will Be Three. And I Like Warren Moon In The Top Ten Yes I Said It.

Not Bad. I think Unitas, Dan, Montana, Elway, Brady, Favre, Fran, Manning, Moon, and Young. When you compare players with in the same eras...Marino, Montana, Elway, Moon, Young it's pretty easy because the field was level as far as Whitlock's point about the decades.

Unitas just dominated his era like no other. Football did not have any other QB as dominant as Unitas was in his era, Tarkenton is the only note worthy QB until the arrival of Bradshaw and Staubach, which i don't even have in my top ten. With my apologies to Griese who was a great field general and play caller.

meh... A Jason Whitlock article... Anyone who's heard his radio show or read an article in the KC Star knows he's not to be taken seriously.

I never liked the "best of all time" rankings. To me, it's not a spot; it's a category. Many fit #1, and then #2, and then #3, and so on. But people still like to venture into this futile and highly controversial exercise.

again,who the hell is Jason Whitlock???

He's a sports writer for the Kansas City Star as well as having some articles published in SI and Foxsports.com. I'm sure he's been published elsewhere too. Also, he's a hack...

He's a bloated douche whose racist undertones more often than not find their way into and color his opinions, sometimes lurking between the lines and occasionally as flagrant as was in this article..

Frankly, I got no further than the following which only served to confirm my previous impressions. In other words, he's the sports writer 's real world version of the parody by the FH'er who masqueraded as Rixon. If a Mpls writer, back in the day wrote a similar article about Culpepper being overrated and dumb as a box of rocks and without having Randy Moss, just another overhyped player like Doug Williams or Joe Namath, he'd have been vilified as a racist.

**** him.

In the biggest sporting event in the world, with a record number of people watching and on the game's most important play, a black defensive back outsmarted a beloved white quarterback.

I know. That's a truth many of you can't handle. It makes you uncomfortable. You don't even get what I'm really saying. All of us -- white, black and brown -- get so caught up in our stereotypes that we oftentimes miss what is right in front of us.

Tracy Porter outsmarted Peyton Manning and won the Super Bowl for New Orleans. End of story.

I've listened to black and white analysts -- including Tony Dungy, Jim Caldwell, Cris Carter and others -- point to everything but the truth when it comes to pinpointing the Super Bowl's critical play and affixing blame for it.

Had John Lynch read Brett Favre like a book in Super Bowl XXXIII and decided the game with a fourth-quarter pick-six, there wouldn't have been any talk about a sloppy pass route, mistakes made in the first half and an onside kick that led to a three-point third-quarter lead.

Favre was never hailed as the game's smartest player. Lynch, like most white athletes, was always given credit for being "heady."

Dan's number one, but he won't ever get credit for lack of ring.. and maybe thats a legit arguement..

I'll tell you what though, when peyton manning retires, he'll be considered the #1...

Dan Marino was the best I've ever seen.

He ended up on my favorite team but I've never seen a more dangerous arm.

Back
Top Bottom