Dan 4th all-time on Whitlock's greatest list | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan 4th all-time on Whitlock's greatest list

During his early years, Marino was the Michael Jordan of Pro Football.
He made the spectacular plays look routine.
Marino blew away long standing records in the 1984 season.
Because of his talent, he will always be one of the best to ever play the position.
Regarding Montana,in my opinion he was a system QB. On another team, he would have been Jay Feidler.
Marino, Elway, Moon, Bradshaw, Brady, Manning, Kelly ... are my top QB's for their ability to throw the deep ball.

During his early years, Marino was the Michael Jordan of Pro Football.
He made the spectacular plays look routine.
Marino blew away long standing records in the 1984 season.
Because of his talent, he will always be one of the best to ever play the position.
Regarding Montana,in my opinion he was a system QB. On another team, he would have been Jay Feidler.
Marino, Elway, Moon, Bradshaw, Brady, Manning, Kelly ... are my top QB's for their ability to throw the deep ball.

Montana was clutch though, something Jay Fiedler lacked. Still, I don't think he's the GOAT QB by any means.

Marino made ordinary players look good. I'd put him top 3.

I'd also put Marino top 3. I usually don't like Jason Whitlock but his top10 list is solid.

I wouldn't put Elway first, or even 2nd, but the majority of the list is good.

1. Montana
2. Unitas
3. Marino
4. Elway

fill in the rest however you see fit.

Dan Marino was the best I've ever seen.

He ended up on my favorite team but I've never seen a more dangerous arm.

I love these type of threads and the folks who post about Dan like this. I can't be objective about the discussion. Dan was the best qb ever on any plane of existence as it pertains to football quarterbacking. Being a blind, narrowminded, absolute homer to the nth degree about it but that is how it is. Dan then everybody takes their place behind him.

Back
Top Bottom