dan Le batard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dan Le batard

littlemike1313

Practice Squad
Reaction score
on 790 dan is talking smack about the fins calling them stupid for signing boston he said why would they sign a oids player and he said vegas odd makers have us wining 5 games this there and i just bought my boston jersey from nfl.com for 19.99 his jersey is in the reduced section

Who cares what this moron says about us. When we do when more then 5 guys this year, i will be glad to laugh at his face.

PhinDude88 said:
Who cares what this moron says about us. When we do when more then 5 guys this year, i will be glad to laugh at his face.
Every time Lebatard opens his mouth my dislike for him grows. Man I dont like that guy..:mad:

He's typical Miami media. Has nothing to write about so he creates a fuss to gain attention.

PhinDude88 said:
:roflmao:
It isn't like Dan makes the over/under. Those are vegas odds. Dan thought we would win more games then 5.

I think it is a solid bet, I'll bet the over on that. Does the over/under go up if Ricky comes back?

Well the over under is actually 5 1/2 I think we'll do better, but remember the guys in vegas are not in the buisness of losing money so its 5 1/2 for a reason. Dans point was as much hooplaa that is being given to saban, he only creates a 1 1/2 game difference over last year. To me it says that we are an unknown and better for odds makers to play it on the safe side.

As far as Boston. We paid him a lot of money last year for nothing. We cut him and now we resign him. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the signing but I hope he can do well. I'd rather have someone else, who I don't know, but at this point Boston seems washed up to me. Its sickining to think that we paid him millions of dollars to just work out pre-season and not do anything for us.

As far as ricky coming back. Yes the odds will change the second hes added to the roster. I say they go to 6.5-7 over under range. So I am calling my bookie tonight and placing a wager while the betting is good. I figure we get at leasst 6 so I'll make back the money that I lose each year on the phins to win it all :(

Lebatard is not anti-miami, he's anti stupidity and hypocricy. He likes the coach, he likes the staff, has the same questions about Qb we all have, thinks we will beat the 5 1/2. but doesn't think we will win the superbowl what exactly is wrong with that?

littlemike1313 said:
i just bought my boston jersey from nfl.com for 19.99 his jersey is in the reduced section

I see it for $29.99

Le batard is the one who "broke the story" about Ricky thinking of retirement. If Le Batard, a supposed guy who befriended ricky, was ethical and keep the story to himself until Ricky really decided....maybe, just maybe ricky might not have left the team.... Le Batard set the wheels in motion for it to happen with no turning back.

Finfan53 said:
Le batard is the one who "broke the story" about Ricky thinking of retirement. If Le Batard, a supposed guy who befriended ricky, was ethical and keep the story to himself until Ricky really decided....maybe, just maybe ricky might not have left the team.... Le Batard set the wheels in motion for it to happen with no turning back.

yeah, right.
LeBatard is an idiot and a hypocrite, but he isnt responsible for Ricky flaking out. Put the blame where blame is due.

awing_pilot said:
Well the over under is actually 5 1/2 I think we'll do better, but remember the guys in vegas are not in the buisness of losing money so its 5 1/2 for a reason. Dans point was as much hooplaa that is being given to saban, he only creates a 1 1/2 game difference over last year. To me it says that we are an unknown and better for odds makers to play it on the safe side.

As far as Boston. We paid him a lot of money last year for nothing. We cut him and now we resign him. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the signing but I hope he can do well. I'd rather have someone else, who I don't know, but at this point Boston seems washed up to me. Its sickining to think that we paid him millions of dollars to just work out pre-season and not do anything for us.

As far as ricky coming back. Yes the odds will change the second hes added to the roster. I say they go to 6.5-7 over under range. So I am calling my bookie tonight and placing a wager while the betting is good. I figure we get at leasst 6 so I'll make back the money that I lose each year on the phins to win it all :(

Lebatard is not anti-miami, he's anti stupidity and hypocricy. He likes the coach, he likes the staff, has the same questions about Qb we all have, thinks we will beat the 5 1/2. but doesn't think we will win the superbowl what exactly is wrong with that?

The number will never soar to 6.5 or 7 if Ricky comes back. We were pathetic as a team last year and Ricky isn't exactly a known quantity anymore.

I'm vacationing in Big Bear, CA this week before an Alaskan cruise. But when I was in Las Vegas 6 days ago the over/under was still 5. In fact, I wagered over 5 at even money at the Venetian. I seriously doubt it has jumped to 5.5 there. The early speculators were pouncing on many of the numbers, including betting New England under the 11.5, but they were leaving the Dolphin number alone at 5.

I could really care less what he says about us .......He is like school on Saturday...............NO CLASS.

take the over

awing_pilot said:

I think I'd take the over in a second. Jim Bates won 4 of 8 games with this squad. Doesn't take much math skill to carry that over the season. In the offseason we added one of the best Offensive Coordinators, one of the best Offensive Line coach and Nick's attention to detail in general game planning. Factor in good free agent acquisitions and a strong draft and I don't see any way we don't at least match our winning percentage under Bates. Let's face it, with Wanny leaving its addition by subtraction.

5.5 wins on an over/under is about right for this upcoming year.

most difficult schedule, no top tier QB, bad o-line, new coaching staff, lost 3/4 of starting secondary. Can't argue with that over/under.

Back
Top Bottom