Dan Marino: A Football Life | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Marino: A Football Life

Marino.jpg

Yea he was special but when he was really rocking is when he had the Marks brothers. Go back and watch the games when the brothers were in their prime. They bailed him out of a lot of not so good throws. He was still the best thrower I ever saw. Arron Rogers next. Then Warren Moon.

Yea he was special but when he was really rocking is when he had the Marks brothers. Go back and watch the games when the brothers were in their prime. They bailed him out of a lot of not so good throws. He was still the best thrower I ever saw. Arron Rogers next. Then Warren Moon.
Meh. All 5'9" of both those guys - yeah, that sure made him look good on jump balls and poorly thrown back shoulder tosses - not. Dan made those guys - not the other way around. How do you explain a washed up Nat Moore coming off a 9 catch season, suddenly having a giant revival in his career and snagging more balls than ever at his advanced age? I could go on...

Marks bro's were good, but...Dan MADE those guys, not the other way around! What would he have done with truly great WR's or RB or Defense. What if indeed??

What could've been had Shula given Dan a running game and defense like his 70s teams had...Dan most likely would've won multiple rings as opposed to none.

Dan's career QBR was strangely high for that era... Interesting because he pushed the ball down the field and didn't really dink and dunk. I think only Montana had a better lifetime QBR for guys in his era. Just an observation.

Back
Top Bottom