Dan Marino Leads The Dolphins To Victory Over The Undefeated Chicago Bears | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Marino Leads The Dolphins To Victory Over The Undefeated Chicago Bears

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
o_bears_miami_dolphins_mnf_12_2_85_dvd_nfl_marino_a9f1.0.jpg

Enjoy the clips of the victory over the Chicago Bears in "85, when nobody, except Miami fans, thought we could win:

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/6...-to-victory-over-the-undefeated-chicago-bears

Man I remember watching that game. I was a sophmore in high school and starting to really get deep in my fandom of the team. That game played a big part in that.

Dude always gave us hope in every single game no matter what the score was. Not many teams have that kind of history.

Allie Sherman called it on Monday Night Matchup - and his reasons turned out to be prophetic - bears wouldn’t get to Dan and quick passes to flats could go for big plays.

3rd and 18 on the opening drive and Marino converts. He knew how important it was to get ahead early.

I don't think there's any way we would've beat the Bears a second time.
Really like no way we would be up by 21 at halftime, we were better then that bears team if our defense could hold up. Dan would beat that bears team 75% of the time because of how quick he could get rid of the ball period.

Really like no way we would be up by 21 at halftime, we were better then that bears team if our defense could hold up. Dan would beat that bears team 75% of the time because of how quick he could get rid of the ball period.

Not saying Miami couldn't have beaten the Bears agan, however if we're going to say Miami was the better team because we were up 21 at halftime in out win, shouldn't we also assume that since the Patriots were up 24-7 at halftime of the AFC Championship game that they were the better team?

Not saying Miami couldn't have beaten the Bears agan, however if we're going to say Miami was the better team because we were up 21 at halftime in out win, shouldn't we also assume that since the Patriots were up 24-7 at halftime of the AFC Championship game that they were the better team?
I understand what your saying, but it just seemed like Dan was taylormade to beat that type of defensive scheme. I quoted the halftime score to show how well we moved the ball against a team that shutout the two previous teams they played if my memory doesn't fail me lol. Our offense was better then their defense imo however I question out defense as I previously stated. That's the way I remember though been a long time though.

Keep in mind, I don't think mcmahon started that game, rematch would have been epic!

Danny could really sling it, I sure miss watching him.

Back
Top Bottom