Dan Marino Picks Denver over Miami on.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Marino Picks Denver over Miami on....

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
....Inside the NFL on HBO. He said he wants Miami to win, but thinks that Ricky won't be able to get near 100 yards, therefore they won't win the game. Cris Carter was the only one(out of the 4) that thinks Miami will win the game. He thinks Miami will win because of their defense, and will force Griese to force many errors. GO MIAMI!!!

I like the fact that he isn't just a homer, That he hope Miami wins shows he still cares for the team but he isn't going to pick them just to pick them, if he did that he would lose credablity like someother analyst

People have to remeber that last week San Diego was without like 3 of there best Defensive players. Especially Junior Seau. Zach will be all over Clinton Portis, unlike last week when Portis ran over the Chargers defense with over a 5.0 carry average.

Just wait until you see this kid run...

I personally think he's better than Davis was... I loved what Davis accomplished, but this kid... man, oh man... His legs are like wound up springs, and they never stop...

im not from miami but im sure there are quite a few people that are from miami and have seen portis run on many occasions seeing as how he went to u of miami taco!!!

Who ...Hillary Clinton?.....Natalie Portis?.......:confused:

Portis can run. That guy was a stud from Day 1 (at UM). For being only 205 lbs, he runs with suprising power. And we all know he's shifty and fast as hell. The comparisons to Charlie Garner are very accurate.

At first, I was disappointed that he was leaving UM. But then I realized WHY he was leaving (because Willis McGahee and Frank Gore were behind him). That's the thing about UM. You always reload.

Look at the TE position. A few years ago, we had Bubba Franks. That guy was tearing up college football. People were like, "You're never going to replace him". Well, a guy named Jeremy Shockey stepped right in and did just that, surpassing Franks. Now that Jeremy's gone, what do we have left?? Oh, just Kellen Winslow Jr. That's right, the son of THAT Kellen Winslow. And the young man is making his making his mark. Like Franks and Shockey (and his dad), he's proving to be a matchup nightmare.

Same goes for the offensive line and secondary. After last year, everybody was like, "Dorsey is gonna get hit this year" and "UF is gonna torch that young secondary". Not only did we replace those three OLmen, but the OL has actually IMPROVED as a whole. Much more physical than they were last year. And that secondary hasn't missed a beat. They're fast and they hit much harder than last year's group. Coverage is excellent.

And just like those positions, Portis stepped in after Edgerrin James left (although he had to share the load with James Jackson for a little while).

Originally posted by stan marino
im not from miami but im sure there are quite a few people that are from miami and have seen portis run on many occasions seeing as how he went to u of miami taco!!!

yeah i saw him play in Miami, he is good. His only defficiency is that he's too little. In a way that's good for the Phins so on gameday they knock his lights out:D
anywayz, a lot of people panicked when this guy left UM. My friends did, i didn't. Look at UM now. Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, and Jason.....now that' an elite group of backs....

Originally posted by Taco John
Just wait until you see this kid run...

I personally think he's better than Davis was... I loved what Davis accomplished, but this kid... man, oh man... His legs are like wound up springs, and they never stop...

When Clinton Portis gets anywhere near 2000 rushing yards in a season then he might be better than TD, until them, quit smoking crack.

Originally posted by chambers84
....Inside the NFL on HBO. He said he wants Miami to win, but thinks that Ricky won't be able to get near 100 yards, therefore they won't win the game. Cris Carter was the only one(out of the 4) that thinks Miami will win the game. He thinks Miami will win because of their defense, and will force Griese to force many errors. GO MIAMI!!!
CC is right ! We need to force Griese to throw the ball or get sacked and let our 2ndary make the big plays. On O we need to not turn the ball over even if that means Royals getting lots of thin air duty.

I wouldnt Call Portis the Next TD yet , But TJ is correct Portis with our Oline is a Match made in heaven GOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS

i think Chris Carter is selling Griese short , and Most of All our WR you Guys know all about Ed and Rod there is No Big Surprise there , But Lelie he is Catching on this could be the week .... Then of Course Deltha vs Chambers Match up will be one to watch as is the Jayson Taylor vs Salaam .... Both teams are close I just think Denver has the Better Front seven on Defense ........

I used to say the Phins do better against little RB's till Warrick Dunn tore them up a couple years ago

Back
Top Bottom