Dan Marino Rookie Card | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Marino Rookie Card

Man that's pretty cool...A Dan Mario rookie card is hard to get..plus the value keeps going up..My upmost respect D39..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Man that's pretty cool...A Dan Mario rookie card is hard to get..plus the value keeps going up..My upmost respect D39..

Not to burst your bubble, but Dan Marino's Rookie Card has vastly gone down in value since his retirement. Once is was valued at $150, now it is a mere $80. It's pathetic. But that's whta happens when there aree thousands of them printed.

Originally posted by chambers84

Not to burst your bubble, but Dan Marino's Rookie Card has vastly gone down in value since his retirement. Once is was valued at $150, now it is a mere $80. It's pathetic. But that's whta happens when there aree thousands of them printed.
does not that mean we can count on you to opening the bidding at $80 ;)

:jk:

It'll go up again as time goes on.

I use to have a Dan Marino rookie card about 10 years ago. I sold it to my best friend who was a Dolphins fan after he bugged me about it for a few years. It's been a long time since I got out all of my old cards or even looked at a price book. It seems like it should be worth more then $80.

Anyway, that is a very cool thing to do. I have many Dolphins friends and I will tell them about it. ;)

It won't go up? Look at Joe Montana. His was at $200 and it has dropped steadily since his HOF induction. There are just too mnay of them out there. It should be worth a Million dollars!!!

Originally posted by chambers84
It won't go up? Look at Joe Montana. His was at $200 and it has dropped steadily since his HOF induction. There are just too mnay of them out there. It should be worth a Million dollars!!!

Unfortunately, cards seem to go up in value the most when a player dies.

i have one but i will never give it ip dudes.

i waited too long to find one in perfect condition.

Good going 39...there is NO WAY I would sell mine...of course I was lucky enough to get mine autographed. It is under lock and key in a display case...My most prized possesion:evil:

With PSA grading now occurring the value of cards has gone down, because people want a PERFECT card. I think that rookie card topped out about $225 at his retirement, but is now worth $150. It's real hard to put a value on things like that now because of ebay. The market is huge, but unfortunately so is the supply. I got my Marino rookie off ebay a little more than a year ago for about $55, & it is centered better than 39's.

Originally posted by SMadison29
With PSA grading now occurring the value of cards has gone down, because people want a PERFECT card. I think that rookie card topped out about $225 at his retirement, but is now worth $150. It's real hard to put a value on things like that now because of ebay. The market is huge, but unfortunately so is the supply. I got my Marino rookie off ebay a little more than a year ago for about $55, & it is centered better than 39's.
that is not a picture of the actual card, it is one I found online the card DCH sent me is perfectly centered

Ohhhh.... that would make the value so much higher if you showed a picture perfect card. I showed many people the card and they didn't want to put a bid in for it because it wasn't "perfect". Is there any chance that you can scan the actual card? :cool: :D

Either case, thanks for clearing that up...

Back
Top Bottom