Dan Marino | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Marino

Yes it was. It was the Dolphins' first playoff game since the AFC championship loss in 1985 and Marino was just not going to lose. My dad had gotten us season tickets that year and the playoff win was one hell of a way to cap it off. The team played great at home all of that year, losing only once in nine games. Too bad the season ended badly the following week in Buffalo.

I was 15 or so in jets stadium with all my dolphins gear on getting tortured with my dad (who warned me about wearing my gear to the stadium lol) and we sat in the end zone where Marino threw the winning score on the fake spike play.... it was great and even better was all the jets fans eating crow and crying about it.... thanks dan for telling all those jets fans to go F themselves for me... I didnt need to say anything but SCOREBOARD haha

I was 15 or so in jets stadium with all my dolphins gear on getting tortured with my dad (who warned me about wearing my gear to the stadium lol) and we sat in the end zone where Marino threw the winning score on the fake spike play.... it was great and even better was all the jets fans eating crow and crying about it.... thanks dan for telling all those jets fans to go F themselves for me... I didnt need to say anything but SCOREBOARD haha

That's awesome.... I can't even imagine going to a rivalry game like, must have been one great time.

he wasn't mobile at all. In fact he looked like a statue in the pocket most of the time, but he had this nice little side step that would make everyone miss, and than he would just put up the most beautiful accurate pass you've ever seen. Guy was money.

The '85 MNF against the Bears. What a game... he had his share of luck, but to watch him play that night was magic...

Back
Top Bottom