Dane Brugler's updated list of his Top 100 NFL Draft prospects- interesting!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dane Brugler's updated list of his Top 100 NFL Draft prospects- interesting!!!!

Gatorboy999120

Active Roster
Reaction score

For those of you too cheap (wink*wink) to pay for the athletic, the top 10 prospects as of today for him are as follows:

1. Trevor Lawrence
2. Kyle Pitts
3. Zach Wilson
4. Ja'Marr Chase
5. Penei Sewell
6. Jaylen Waddle
7.Trey Lance
8. Justin Fields
9. DeVonta Smith
10. Patrick Surtain II

Discuss!

I wouldn’t say too cheap.... but what’s the point? It’s basically a pricey bleacher report, no?

gets interesting past the top 10.... how’s that looking?

Thanks. Interesting to see Waddle ahead of Smith. I saw where this guy did a 7 rd mock. Would you share who he had the Dolphins taking in the first 3 rounds?

Waddle is ahead of Smith according to quite a few analyst.
If Waddle had not been injured he would have come into the Draft process ahead of Smith.

Waddle has a chance to be a Tyreek Hill kind of weapon. You do not often find a track speed guy who is also actually good at playing WR. His speed will pay off on the field.

I am getting close to moving him ahead of Chase and I would not be surprised if Miami took Waddle over Chase at #6 if they have the choice.

If Waddle had not been injured he would have come into the Draft process ahead of Smith.

Waddle has a chance to be a Tyreek Hill kind of weapon. You do not often find a track speed guy who is also actually good at playing WR. His speed will pay off on the field.

I am getting close to moving him ahead of Chase and I would not be surprised if Miami took Waddle over Chase at #6 if they have the choice.
He's still ahead of Smith according to quite a few who rank top 50 or top 100 prospects, though!

Waddle does seem to present the best version of what the Fins didn't have last year. Fuller and Wilson might bring some of that deep threat and speed but Waddle can be amazing. That said, they should just take their highest rated WR. All the top 3 are great.

Seems like if Pitts & Chase were to go 4-5, maybe they can trade back to 9 or so and still get one of the Alabama guys. If Sewell or a QB go at 4 or 5, they have a great receiving asset there.

If I was in charge and the Fins were on the clock at #6 and Chase, Waddle and Smith were all there I am not sue what I would do.

I am still leaning slightly for Chase over Waddle but it is close.Chase is the better all around WR but Waddle offers more big play potential than any WR in this Draft.

I would probably take Pitts over all 3 but I think he is going #4 to Atlanta.

Don't like the QB Rankings very much. Interesting that Parsons isn't in the Top 10. Horn >
11. Rashawn Slater
12. Micah Parsons
13. Alijah Vera-Tucker
14. Jaycee Horn
15. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
16. Azeez Ojulari
17. Christian Darrisaw
18. Greg Newsome
19. Kwity Paye
20. Teven Jenkins

FYI. In case you don't have a subscription to The Athletic.

For those of you too cheap (wink*wink) to pay for the athletic, the top 10 prospects as of today for him are as follows:

1. Trevor Lawrence
2. Kyle Pitts
3. Zach Wilson
4. Ja'Marr Chase
5. Penei Sewell
6. Jaylen Waddle
7.Trey Lance
8. Justin Fields
9. DeVonta Smith
10. Patrick Surtain II

Discuss!
Waddle before Smith is interesting. I think both would be great fits.

If I was in charge and the Fins were on the clock at #6 and Chase, Waddle and Smith were all there I am not sue what I would do.

I am still leaning slightly for Chase over Waddle but it is close.Chase is the better all around WR but Waddle offers more big play potential than any WR in this Draft.

I would probably take Pitts over all 3 but I think he is going #4 to Atlanta.

Interesting.

if 4/5 go Pitts/Chase that means Denver has serious incentive to jump Detroit and Carolina to get the QB they want.

At 9 we guarantee ourselves one of Smith, Waddle, Sewell (my guess is Detroit takes one of the receivers and Carolina takes Sewell)

I’m with you

There's more than one person out there with lists like this that have Waddle above Smith..but most have all of Smith/Waddle/Chase as top ten talents in this draft!
For the 2021 season, Waddle might be the best pick for Miami of the three. With Parker, Fuller and Williams, improving the slot would do a lot for this group. I know Waddle is more than a slot guy, his comeback routes are virtually open all the time with the cushions he receives.

Long-term could be a different story. If Miami picks Chase, he probably replaces Parker when his contract is up. It's really splitting hairs between these three, but I would prefer Smith.

Back
Top Bottom