Dane Brugler's updated list of his Top 100 NFL Draft prospects- interesting!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dane Brugler's updated list of his Top 100 NFL Draft prospects- interesting!!!!

The guy has four years of great tape playing football in the SEC, not good tape, great tape. It is ridiculous to believe he will be anything other than a good pro.

Receiving yards in a season

Smith 1856
Moss 1820
Chase 1780
Devante Adams 1719
Larry Fitzgerald 1672
Crabtree 1962

I think the reasoning is valid. I don't agree with how secretive Smith seems to be. I don't think he did much on their Pro day. At least I can't find much footage. His obvious hiding of his true weight isn't helping.
I think Smith is a great player with a bright future but he hasn't helped himself much since the end of the college season.

Well the point is Smitty knows he's lighter than the NFL likes and had nothing to gain by doing anything. It's called playing the draft game and every player has to play it differently. Players that don't have Smitty's tape and production have to go out and try to impress people by running 40's and working out. They have nothing to lose by doing it and everything to gain.

Smitty already knew he was likely going to be the 2nd or 3rd WR to come off the board at worst if he did nothing, and he has nothing to gain by weighing himself or working out. You either believe he can play or you don't and that's where he stands. It's the correct stance. Even you just said you thought he was a great player with a bright future. Right now it's about money, not football. He's already done the football part.

Therefore, he's not hiding anything that everyone doesn't already know. Whether he weighs 173 or 165 isn't going to make any difference for him in a positive direction. It can only move in a negative direction for him.

Smitty basically already showed every team in the NFL that no defense and no defensive back in college football can check him no matter what he weighs. If you think you have some in the NFL that can then let's find out. Because I'm coming. But you have to pay to play.

Receiving yards in a season

Smith 1856
Moss 1820
Chase 1780
Devante Adams 1719
Larry Fitzgerald 1672
Crabtree 1962
The major difference between Smith and everyone else on that list is that Smith is very very skinny.
Everyone else on that list are physical specimens in their own way.
Smith's lack of size doesn't affect your value of him. But, you must also understand that it greatly affects how other's view him.

Smith is also a physical specimen in his own way. He has very long arms and legs, also big hands.

Nope, at the combine he was 6-3.6, 193 pounds. He may have got up to 210 in the NFL, but he was skinny in college.

There is a great chance that 6 QBs go in the top 10 picks, plus a Oline guy, a CB that's 8 guys outside of the pass catchers. Sitting back at pick 6 that very well means you can trade back in the top 10 and get one of the top 4 wideouts. So what's the compensation going to be and the consensus seems to be getting Pitts, Smith or Wade. Hum

I wouldn’t say too cheap.... but what’s the point? It’s basically a pricey bleacher report, no?

gets interesting past the top 10.... how’s that looking?
Much better than bleacher report from what I have seen. Although I rarely read anything from bleacher report.

I was able to get it for $1 a month for one year during Black Friday. Not sure if that is every year, but I will be on the lookout again this year.

It has the best draft guide I have seen out there as well. Same guy as the 100 big board being used on this thread.

267 pages includes the following for positional rankings and individual players expected to be drafted...

58657187-C973-48D5-A42E-F4708A01893B.pngC2555097-031A-45DE-955E-06CF963FA33C.png

Last edited:
Nope, at the combine he was 6-3.6, 193 pounds. He may have got up to 210 in the NFL, but he was skinny in college.
That is still close to 30 lbs heavier than Smith.

And he was taller and faster.

The major difference between Smith and everyone else on that list is that Smith is very very skinny.
Everyone else on that list are physical specimens in their own way.
Smith's lack of size doesn't affect your value of him. But, you must also understand that it greatly affects how other's view him.
For me the problem is that "listed" weights are so often fictional. They tend to be exaggerated for smaller guys and minimized for big guys (generally). We know for a fact that that Chad Johnson played at 170 lbs (by his own admission). His "listed" weight was 188 lbs. That's almost a 20 lb difference. Back when I was more involved in this stuff, that was not unusual (listed weights being 20 lbs off, up or down, from actual weights). In fact, I would say it was the norm. So creating some arbitrary narrative that 180 lbs is okay but 170 lbs is too light makes no sense. What makes sense to me is looking at film. And by every measure we see on film, Smith is one of the best players ever.

For me the problem is that "listed" weights are so often fictional. They tend to be exaggerated for smaller guys and minimized for big guys (generally). We know for a fact that that Chad Johnson played at 170 lbs (by his own admission). His "listed" weight was 188 lbs. That's almost a 20 lb difference. Back when I was more involved in this stuff, that was not unusual (listed weights being 20 lbs off, up or down, from actual weights). In fact, I would say it was the norm. So creating some arbitrary narrative that 180 lbs is okay but 170 lbs is too light makes no sense. What makes sense to me is looking at film. And by every measure we see on film, Smith is one of the best players ever.
Does that guarantee success in the NFL? College success?! No.

Also, Smith admitted himself he's 170lbs. He'll probably play below that in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom