Daniel Kilgore So Important To This O-line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniel Kilgore So Important To This O-line

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
i

Easily lost amid the abundance of youth on this Dolphins’ team are a small group of seasoned veterans whose presence means so much and whose guidance, knowledge and abilities are essential in the development of these young players in particular and the success of this year’s team in general.

Veterans such as center Daniel Kilgore, who is in his ninth season and playing for his sixth different head coach. Other than quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, who is entering his 15th season, Kilgore is the most experienced player on the offensive roster. Long-snapper John Denney (15th season) and safety Reshad Jones (10th season) are the only other players on the roster with more experience than Kilgore.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/ac-in-the-am-daniel-kilgore-so-important-to-this-o-line

hard for me to disagree. Thank you for posting!

I think he can be fine if he's able to stay on the field.

I think he can be fine if he's able to stay on the field.

Yup. The injuries are the big concern. Other than that we kno what we have. A serviceable not certainly unspectacular player. Which is fine. You don't need all stars at every position. We just need to avoid the absolute disaster of an interior that has plagued this team for like a decade.

If Daniel Kilgore is so important to this offensive line, then this offensive line...may have issues.

I'm not confident. I was more confident in him last year. Didn't seem like he played well, and then he got the type of injury I attribute to guys who are old and can't play very long stretches of real NFL action without getting hurt.

For the first 4 games last year, we were doing pretty good, even after losing Stiton so quickly. When we lost Kilgore, that seem too much to over come and the season on O took a down turn. The skill positions were the only thing we had going and then we lose Parker for part of the time, Grant and Wilson, and the rest as they said was history. So I'd like to see Kilgore for a whole season. We defintely need a vet to help out.

If Daniel Kilgore is so important to this offensive line, then this offensive line...may have issues.

I'm not confident. I was more confident in him last year. Didn't seem like he played well, and then he got the type of injury I attribute to guys who are old and can't play very long stretches of real NFL action without getting hurt.

I agree. I don't know where this stuff comes from. The 49ers are their fans were fine to get rid of him. He comes here and looks like journeyman personified. The replacement journeyman looked superior and that became the consensus here. That other guy knew he was nothing much by NFL standards, and promptly retired.

I don't read the training camp reports very often because I understand the inevitable theme: This guy has improved and that guy has improved. It's absolutely amazing. Superior conditioning. Superior dedication. Superior understanding of the scheme. Superior camaraderie. We're so lucky to have him, and that we didn't give up on him.

Meanwhile this is another Divide by 10 category. Among 20 annual touts there might be 2 legitimate, once the regular season dust clears. The same number will be moving in the opposite direction.

I appreciate ckparrothead because he doesn't fall prey to that type of thing. He'll primarily focus on the newcomers. And mostly remain loyal to his early opinion of them. And that's fine. That's proper.

I still have a very good memory. It includes the likes of Daniel Kilgore. Long offseason but not long enough to wipe away realities. This regime won't be here very long if it isn't already plotting to upgrade this position.

This is going to be a huge challenge. Not only for the players but the OL coach and OC. We seem to have a ridiculous amount of injuries every year and are always relying on the backup and PS guys. We seem to have very little depth this year so I am not optimistic. Hoping the coaches can channel some Scarneccia.

Looks like we may enter into the season with a rookie 3rd round pick at LG, sub-par journeyman center, undrafted rookie at RG and a big ? at RT....and that's the good news. Whichever Qb is under center better be getting rid of the ball at about 1.9 seconds from snap....and that's with help from the TE and RB.

This is going to be a huge challenge. Not only for the players but the OL coach and OC. We seem to have a ridiculous amount of injuries every year and are always relying on the backup and PS guys. We seem to have very little depth this year so I am not optimistic. Hoping the coaches can channel some Scarneccia.

Looks like we may enter into the season with a rookie 3rd round pick at LG, sub-par journeyman center, undrafted rookie at RG and a big ? at RT....and that's the good news. Whichever Qb is under center better be getting rid of the ball at about 1.9 seconds from snap....and that's with help from the TE and RB.
How about 1.8 seconds!!!!! HeHe

I penciled in C Erik McCoy as our 2nd round pick 2019

Pouncey could of stayed he just needed to take a pay cut but he wanted a raise, guy did have 2 hip surgeries and he missed a lot of time and his game slipped. Moved on and San Diego gave him a pay cut...his fault not ours.
He didn't practice with the offensive line either and that's was a huge problem for any offensive line looking to get better and jell together.

Daniel Kilgore has never played well in the NFL period.

Research his grades. He has always been beyond rock bottom.

He must have a real dynamic winning personality because his actual performance has been dismal.

If he is indeed the starting center, and the de facto leader of a young line, then things are going to be much worse than even I thought.

Seriously! I challenge anyone to research this guys history in the NFL and then come back and say he is good for the Dolphins.

This guy has no business even being in the NFL on any team in any capacity.

His presence on the Dolphins is the clearest sign of an extremely desperate team that there is in the entirety of this organization.

Back
Top Bottom