Daniels Could Start/Moa Out For Year/Mini Camp Video | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniels Could Start/Moa Out For Year/Mini Camp Video

Moa would not have made the club anyway, but tough news for him.

Im starting to like the idea of Daniels starting a) because he knows the system and b) because if Saban trusts him, then I do too

Thanks for the video Nublar.

Early on it looks like Saban is giving it to one of our guys while he is stretching- not sure if he is really yelling or just playing around though.

Also, not loving AJ's attitude about frustration and having to grind it out with the offense. AJ- you stunk up the joint last year. Be happy that you are being given the opportunity with a new system, and learn the damn thing or you will find yourself riding the pine. He just doesnt seem all that determined, but Im pulling for him.

I'm impressed that Saban has the nerve to start Daniels this early. Coaches usually care more about the veterans feelings than putting out the best talent. I have deep reservations about the talent in our secondary. If our defense falls that will be our achilles. From what I read about him predraft, I got the feeling that he might turn out to be good. I really hope Saban bagged a steal here. After the Poole injury we are going to need it.

During Sabans interview on the offical site he said that there was no depth chart set. he said the people playing with the first team is not necessarily the starting teams they haven't even had the chance to evaluate the players yet.

(On how much should be made of players playing with certain groups) – “We don’t really have a starting lineup right now. We work and rep things different every day. We post a chart. We want this guy to be the first starter today. We want somebody else to be the first starter tomorrow. Same thing on offense. We work the receivers around in different positions, try to get everybody a look and sometimes we’re trying to get guys to play multiples in positions. So I wouldn’t put too much stock in all that right now. We haven’t decided on a depth chart. We haven’t made those kind of evaluations. So what we’re trying to do is get guys repped in different positions where we feel like they can make contributions and make sure they’re getting the experience and the learning of those positions now for even if they don’t have to do it in the future or next season, they have some resource of information to tag back to, to be able to no be starting from square one during football season.â€Â

Travis is a damn good corner. He will be able to hold his own out there.

(P.S. I'm a LSU fan)

David80Boston said:
Travis is a damn good corner. He will be able to hold his own out there.

(P.S. I'm a LSU fan)

Hey man, I go to LSU.

Awesome to see other Tigers on here.

Way to go Travis Daniels!!!! (Who's been saying "You will all love Daniels" since the day we drafted him??? That's right, THIS GUY.)

Elllll Essss YYuuuuuu!!!

I really dont care who starts opposite of Madison. As long as they are the best person for it.

1) Howard is a "Spielman guy" and Nick must not be a huge fan of his game

2) Let Daniels take his lumps this year we are gonna struggle to be good anyway. Might as well play for the future.

I love the "They are not being evaluated, they are learning" thing. Takes a lot of pressure off them if they know they just have to learn, because the position competition hasn't started yet.

MikeO said:
1) Howard is a "Spielman guy" and Nick must not be a huge fan of his game

2) Let Daniels take his lumps this year we are gonna struggle to be good anyway. Might as well play for the future.

There is no real depth chart this time of year...we don't need to read into it very much. Daniels may be gettign the start now because he is the best versed in what Saban wants, not necessarily because he is the best CB out there. Howard is a CB, not a Speilman guy....besides, this scheme is much closer to the scheme that Howard played under Fox than what we played last year under Wanny..

I still think that Saban thought Daniels would be a better option for us at FS, but Poole's injury pretty much sealed the fate of that idea...There is not a lot of difference the coverages between Saban's FS and the CBs anyways..I have a feeling, like the way that BB runs his D, we'll see a lot of different people in and out of the lineup during the year.

That sucks for Moa being out for the year. I hope that he will recover soon.

As for Daniels, i think that he could be the best man for the job at starting CB. He will be an experiment for us this year to see if he got what it take to be a good CB. I do think that he can be a pretty good player for us for years to come.

one thing im worried about is putting a rookie straight in. Cornerbacks dont always come straight in and start. They usually come in on the nickel and work their way in.Saban must be either 1. Have massive faith in Daniels or 2. We are so weak at CB position that Howard and Edwards cannot perform at highest level to start.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Hey man, I go to LSU.

Awesome to see other Tigers on here.

Way to go Travis Daniels!!!! (Who's been saying "You will all love Daniels" since the day we drafted him??? That's right, THIS GUY.)

Elllll Essss YYuuuuuu!!!
Hell yeah dude, GEAUX TIGERS!!!

I really wish Daniels well, he got beat quite a few times last year, but I bet he'll make it in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom