Daniels will be used as a CB according to Saban. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniels will be used as a CB according to Saban.

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Therefore, we need to bring in some players to play at FS. I don't feel completely comfortable with an oft-injured Bell and the newly acquired Tillman as the competition at FS.

Junior Rosegreen is a great center-fielder.

At FS? Are you kidding me! Research these guys first before saying that...

Shazor is closer to being a linebacker than a FS at the moment.

Browner needs to lose weight and be a CB again. He wouldn't make it as a FS because he can't play zone.

Are you sure he said this?

I thought he said that he took him because of his versatility.

I am almost positive that Saban said in the past that corner is Travis Daniels' natural position and that he was having to play out of position at safety.

Dolfan1000 said:
Are you sure he said this?

I thought he said that he took him because of his versatility.

I listened to him on his Day 2 press conference from the official website.

Jimmy James said:
Hasn't Jones played SS and FS?

Jones has played both, and has been much, much better at SS. Maybe Mario Edwards is a candidate to move to FS. He has good size, and as Chris Chambers proved, he's not that good in man to man coverage.

dolfanmark said:
Jones has played both, and has been much, much better at SS. Maybe Mario Edwards is a candidate to move to FS. He has good size, and as Chris Chambers proved, he's not that good in man to man coverage.

If I'm thinking about this clearly, he was a "good" SS with the Pats and a "bad" FS with the Saints, right? Maybe it isn't that simple. Perhaps it has more to do with what the SS does in New England and the FS does in New Orleans.

I'm suggesting this because FS looks much weaker without Jones than SS does without him if I'm envisioning our roster right. Then again, maybe the solution is somebody else moving like you say...

Jones can't play FS because of his coverage ability. He has plenty of speed and closing speed to play SS.

Back
Top Bottom