Dannell Ellerbe: I was brought to Miami to knock the Patriots off | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dannell Ellerbe: I was brought to Miami to knock the Patriots off

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins have only finished ahead of the Patriots in the AFC East once in the last 12 years. New Dolphins linebacker Dannell Ellerbe sees it as his job to change that.

I was brought here to help knock them off,” Ellerbe told Mike Freeman of CBS. “That doesn’t mean we will, but we feel like we can. Like I said, we just have to prove it. You have to actually go do it.”
Talk is cheap, and Ellerbe made clear that he knows that: He is eager to make noise with his play and not with his words.
“I think they are but you have to prove it, you can’t just talk about it,” Ellerbe said.
read more:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-brought-to-miami-to-knock-the-patriots-off/

Dannell Ellerbe: Patriots are vulnerable

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000216675/article/dannell-ellerbe-of-dolphins-patriots-are-vulnerable

"I think they are (vulnerable), but you have to prove it, you can't just talk about it," Miami Dolphins linebacker Dannell Ellerbe told CBS Sports' Mike Freeman.

"I was brought here to help knock them off," Ellerbe said. "That doesn't mean we will, but we feel like we can. Like I said, we just have to prove it. You have to actually go do it."

Not really smack. Just thought it would make for a better headline.:chuckle: And I'd take this any day over self ego lubricating about how he's the best linebacker in the league.

Nice to see that type of grit from one of our newest aquisitions!

I love the attitude from the players. I hope they make all teams afraid to play our D because they knock heads off all year! Hit em up Ellerby!

Im just waiting for the first person to come along and attack the team for winding up the Pats. A lot of Dolphin fans seem to have a serious case of short man syndrome.

Personally I love seeing confidence from the team.

I expect more from him. Was a solid player in Lewis' absence and learned from him too. Was on a SB winning team and played an intrical part. I think he commands the most respect out of all the new additions, because of his position, past role, and resume (despite it being short). Being on the Ravens can only make you a sponge for knowledge and experience. That's why I'd like to see Leach here too. That blend of experience is what's needed to take a young team over the top.

this has been debated 100 times, however, I will bring it to the table one more time. Pats have lost a few starters, Miami has increased its talent and Brady is 37-38. If this division is won, it won't be until late in the year. Pats to me will be that wounded dog, benefitting still from a weak division. SOOO Important Miami overcome 3 of 4 on the road and start strong. However, Philbin needs to preach not for them to fall off the tracks if they have another slow start.

It seems that Philbin and company are telling players that we are gunning for the Patriots and I love it. Glad to finally see upper management with some sack.

Glad to hear the goal is winning the division as opposed to the normal goal in past years..... fielding a competitive team.

I know we all want to knock off the Pats but I still think the ultimate goal is have the team prepared to win the next game. Looking ahead rarely does any good.

Philbin seems to be lighting a fire within these guys to go out and take the division! I love it!

Back
Top Bottom