Dannell Ellerbe's accepted pay cut | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dannell Ellerbe's accepted pay cut

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
LB Dannell Ellerbe accepted a $7.325 million pay cut from the Saints.

Ellerbe was scheduled to earn $8.425 million next season, but instead that figure has been reduced to $1.1 million. It sounds worse than it is, as Ellerbe will still net $4.9 million guaranteed with roster and signing bonuses. The Dolphins were about to cut Ellerbe before the Saints swooped in and offered Kenny Stills for him. Closing in on 30, Ellerbe's best years are behind him.

Source: NFL.com
Mar 17 - 10:42 AM

So do you think he was willing to restructure like this and stay with us? Or did we even care? Did he even care?

So do you think he was willing to restructure like this and stay with us? Or did we even care? Did he even care?

We didn't want him. I think the intention was to pretty much clean house of all the unproductive payers with huge contracts. Gibson, Hartline, Smith, Wheeler, Ellerbe and Wallace. Add I'm probably missing a few.

We didn't want him. I think the intention was to pretty much clean house of all the unproductive payers with huge contracts. Gibson, Hartline, Smith, Wheeler, Ellerbe and Wallace. Add I'm probably missing a few.

Thanks, Jeff Ireland.

As an OLB he would have been great for us. As an true MIKE it just didn't work out. For that price tag Id take him as an OLB all day.

And yet Sturgis is still here.

Back
Top Bottom