Danny Amendola Among Top Nfl Wrs On Crossing Routes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Danny Amendola Among Top Nfl Wrs On Crossing Routes

Amendola was also PFFs 35th overall receiver last year, in fact Wilson and Amendola are our 2 highest rated receivers on the team according to PFF, think people are underrating them quite a bit

The most important thing that I think Amendola brings to the team is his experience and knowledge of the game. If he can teach the younger receivers how to prepare and execute, then he will earn his salary. Any production is just a bonus. The team has some talented young receivers (Carroo, Grant, Ford, Parker, etc) that could use some grooming to take the next step. Hopefully he is willing and able to take on a player/mentor role and will make the entire WR room better.
****, man. We brought him in to be a player, we didn't hire him as a coach.

I think you have it backwards. In terms of importance ... Produce first, teach second.

Hopefully his veteran presence will be a plus but like Bumpus sez he should lead by example on the field.

The most important thing that I think Amendola brings to the team is his experience and knowledge of the game. If he can teach the younger receivers how to prepare and execute, then he will earn his salary. Any production is just a bonus. The team has some talented young receivers (Carroo, Grant, Ford, Parker, etc) that could use some grooming to take the next step. Hopefully he is willing and able to take on a player/mentor role and will make the entire WR room better.

So 6 million a year for essentially a position coach? Wouldn't that be more than we pay our HC?

tumblr_olsfv97o9k1uujbcio7_400.gif

Last edited:
I think alot of us are delusional at what we lost w/ Landry. Say what you want about his behavior, he had the heart of a lion and a desire to be great. He wanted to win more than anybody and I for one am gunna miss the guy playing for us every Sunday

Hmmm... I saw a guy who was flagged for stupid penalties. Oh yes, he did have a desire to be great. If his pal Odell Beckham made a one-handed catch, then you could be sure that Landry would make one too. He risks making an incompletion just so that he could look like a superstar. Yeah, that's being a real team player! And, running the offense through Landry for 4 years was unsuccessful. Someone here looked up the stats and found that when Landry had more than X amount of catches (I forget the exact number), they had a losing record. When he had less than X amount of catches they had a winning record. This tells me that spreading the ball around, going deep more often, and running the ball resulted in a more effective offense than when they force-fed Landry the ball. Miami will be better without Landry... unless Gase is a complete idiot and continues to force-feed short passes to another WR.

i posted a clip of the wrs mic'd up a few days ago and theres one part where amendolas on the sideline and he asks what the play is and says he needs to know every play and anything less is unacceptable....then another part he dropped an easy pass on a curl and you could see he was pissed at himself then he told tannehill he was sorry it was his fault and he doesnt usually miss those

amendola was a great addition in my opinion and im sure he started bonding with tannehill immediately

Career Yards per Catch:

Landry 10.1
Bess 10.5

Landy's got the numbers bc he was force-fed the ball.

If he got his number (including 10.1) as a result of force feeding the ball that says as much about Gase's play calling, how unreliable the other WR's were, and the crappy OL as it does Landry.

If he got his number (including 10.1) as a result of force feeding the ball that says as much about Gase's play calling, how unreliable the other WR's were, and the crappy OL as it does Landry.

You cant put Landry outside... you just can't. Combined with the fact Cutler can't throw accurately beyong 10 yards deep, I mean Landry reaped the benefits... And he was the only Fins you couldnt field outside... If you put Landry outside, how close to the line of scrimmage the opposing defense gets? I mean, just wouldnt make sense... I know alot of people are sour about letting him go, but there's a reason the Fins didnt want to sign him to that big of a contract...

I think alot of us are delusional at what we lost w/ Landry. Say what you want about his behavior, he had the heart of a lion and a desire to be great. He wanted to win more than anybody and I for one am gunna miss the guy playing for us every Sunday
Have you watched Danny play.

Back
Top Bottom