Danny Amendola | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Danny Amendola

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Does anyone want him to win the 3rd WR spot? I do not. I honestly hope Grant wins the #3 spot, and Wilson wins the #4. I would be elated if Carroo or Ford our play him for the #5. This is in part because I hated Danny in NE, but more so because of how dynamic Grant and Wilson are. The other reason reason is we have dynamic, fast wrs/te/rbs thst I want to see utilized this year. If Danny is our slot all we have is much lessor version of Jarvis. My dream for Danny is 20-25 catches from a 3rd down package.

I see your point. What matters most to me is playing whoever is ready to step up and do their job the right way. I wasn't a fan of Amendola when he was playing for other teams, not because he isn't a good player, only because he wasn't on my team and tend to get injured too much for my taste. But one thing is certain, he knows how to come up big in games that matter. Also, he brings veteran leadership and experience to a WR corp that lacks these attributes. If Amendola is ahead of Grant and/or Wilson on the depth chart at the beginning of the season, they will get a chance to take the job during the season because Amendola tends to get nicked up a lot which at times keeps him off the field.

Five receivers will play a lot. (As will two tight ends and at least two running backs.) There won't be any #1, #2, or #3 receivers.

I get what the OP is saying, but If he's battling Caroo or Ford for #5 on the depth chart, this winds up being a BAD signing
I get your point but the analogy I would use is insurance. If you buy it and you don't use it then you feel like it was a waste. If you have a claim then you thank God you got it.

This decision will be second guessed in either case. If the young guys step up it will look wasteful. If we didn't take steps like this and the Wilson signing... We weren't proactive.

I see it as a can't lose unless EVERYONE fails.

You don't want him to win the #3 because you hated him in N.E?

He's a Fin now none of that matters.

If you read after the comma you would know that isn’t what I said. I like the idea of burners at all spots. Danny is slower, and has a lower ypc. He is also 32, so the upside of every other WR on this roster is much greater.

wilson should have an impact. I would rather wilson/grant get more reps

Five receivers will play a lot. (As will two tight ends and at least two running backs.) There won't be any #1, #2, or #3 receivers.

I see the thinking as there isn’t much seperation from 1-5, but Gase’s offense has been 3 wr sets and if you are the 4th wr you get little to no playing time.

I don't know if you can look at it as a 4/5 WR spot...They will both play slot...at different times and sometimes at the same time. Grant has been used in multiple places but has played outside more.

Ford is a very interesting prospect and would gladly take him over Carroo.

If I have to guess the WR room today...

Parker, Stills, Grant, Wilson, Amendola, Ford.

I see the thinking as there isn’t much seperation from 1-5, but Gase’s offense has been 3 wr sets and if you are the 4th wr you get little to no playing time.

I think that was more due to the fact that the drop off after Parker, Stills, and Landry was far too great,

Back
Top Bottom