Danny Amendola | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Danny Amendola

I get what the OP is saying, but If he's battling Caroo or Ford for #5 on the depth chart, this winds up being a BAD signing
Wouldn’t you rather have us waste 8 million on Danny then 3 draft picks on Carroo? I doubt Carroo makes the roster, but i would rather Wilson and Grant emerge, and waste the million on Danny.

Amendola will contribute, what # or ranking on the WR depth chart he is doesn't matter too much to me...you can bet your @ss that the ball will be getting spread around plenty and it will be the norm to see 3 and 4 WR lined up

Wouldn’t you rather have us waste 8 million on Danny then 3 draft picks on Carroo? I doubt Carroo makes the roster, but i would rather Wilson and Grant emerge, and waste the million on Danny.
It's a good point I hadn't considered. If Amendola ends up that low on the depth chart, its possible the others are playing really well

I don't know if you can look at it as a 4/5 WR spot...They will both play slot...at different times and sometimes at the same time. Grant has been used in multiple places but has played outside more.

Ford is a very interesting prospect and would gladly take him over Carroo.

If I have to guess the WR room today...

Parker, Stills, Grant, Wilson, Amendola, Ford.

Hopefully Ford has added a few pounds (muscle) and comes in and really goes hard! I want him to be the one to step it up and force them to keep him and possibly promote him.

Does anyone want him to win the 3rd WR spot? I do not. I honestly hope Grant wins the #3 spot, and Wilson wins the #4. I would be elated if Carroo or Ford our play him for the #5. This is in part because I hated Danny in NE, but more so because of how dynamic Grant and Wilson are. The other reason reason is we have dynamic, fast wrs/te/rbs thst I want to see utilized this year. If Danny is our slot all we have is much lessor version of Jarvis. My dream for Danny is 20-25 catches from a 3rd down package.

I'm inclined Danny was brought in to teach the kids how to prepare for games, run routes, and read Ds. If just catches 2 passes a game, fine with me

This is ridiculous. Who cares if he played for New England or if he was Jay Cutler or Tom Brady's BFF. I just want to win football games.
What’s rediculous is reading half a sentence, and going off half ****ed. I clearly said the real reason is I would rather have the speedy Grant and Wilson out play him, as that would give us a better chance to win football games.

What’s rediculous is reading half a sentence, and going off half ****ed. I clearly said the real reason is I would rather have the speedy Grant and Wilson out play him, as that would give us a better chance to win football games.

Why? Wouldn't whoever is playing better give us the best chance?

Of course we want to see our young players develop. Personally I’d take a perverse pleasure in seeing Danny destroy the Patriots.

Why? Wouldn't whoever is playing better give us the best chance?

Grant and Wilson have home run speed, and would make our offense more dynamic. Obviously if Danny Amendola out plays them all then great, but we would be much harder to defend if Grant or Wilson take more of the playing time.

Grant and Wilson have home run speed, and would make our offense more dynamic. Obviously if Danny Amendola out plays them all then great, but we would be much harder to defend if Grant or Wilson take more of the playing time.

Strongly disagree here. Speed all by itself does not make a good WR. Amendola is very, very good at rutting routes, creating separation, and getting open. So to your original question? Yes, I want him to win the #3 receiver spot.

Even though it's a small sample size, Grant has produced big plays when given the chance. I think he screams for more playing time.

I guess it's a good dilemma to have a bunch of pretty good options at wide receiver. I was confused with the Amendola signing at first since the team had already brought in Wilson. I think Wilson and Grant could take playing time away from Parker. It certainly will be interesting to see how the wide receiver group is used this year.

First, Wilson will be the #3 guy, not Grant. As far as Amendola, he'll be a part of the offense, specially inside the 20's. He's a bigger target than both Wilson and Grant and really knows how to get open. I'm not "hoping" for any of our players to not do good. That'd make no sense at all.

Back
Top Bottom