Dansby thinks the defense can be great | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dansby thinks the defense can be great

13Dolfan87

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/25/karlos-dansby-thinks-dolphins-defense-can-be-great/

Karlos Dansby’s optimism is not going away.

A month ago Dansby, the Dolphins’ outside linebacker, said that he thinks the Dolphins are going to the Super Bowl. Now he’s saying that the Dolphins are ready for greatness on defense.
We’ve got a chance to be great,” Dansby told the Sun Sentinel. “We have a chance to be great in this defense. We have enough skill set. We have enough talent. We can make this defense work for us.”

Dansby said the biggest concern he has is that his teammates need to keep working during the time off before training camp.

“You can’t take a long break,” Dansby said. “You’ve got to be able to stay conditioned. You have to be able to stay in shape right now. The way we’re moving right now is the way we’re going to be moving at camp.”

And Dansby thinks the Dolphins will be moving in the regular season like a great team.

---

I figured I'd post this since the news is slow these days. I don't have a problem with this since I do agree the D can be really good. Hopefully he follows his own advice on that last part there, though. We need him to step up this season and play like a pro bowler.

Dansby is right, the defense can be great this season. If the safety position can be solid than the sky is the limit for this defense.

Well I would tell Mr. Dansby to lead by example and have a great season. I'd be nice if he made the pro bowl leading this D to greatness since he is getting paid like a pro bowl linebacker.

You should post the original story instead of driving people to that crappy site that takes everything out of context (i.e. Florio "Dansby saying the Dolphins are ready for greatness"...What Dansby actually said "We have a chance to be great"...see the difference there?).

Orignial Story from Sun-Sentinel:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-miami-dolphins-0625-20120624,0,4368931.story

The title of the article at PFT says:

"Karlos Dansby thinks Dolphins’ defense can be great"

its all about the pass rusher opposite cam wake...if that guy doesn't make hay this d is gonna give up chunk yardage and points a plenty...if we let the qb sit back there all day we in big trouble...

Kinda reminds me of a Rex Ryann article.

Yeah, just shut your mouth Dansby and let the talking be done on the field.

Didn't Smith and Davis start with the crap last year about this time? And we all know what happened.

Do it, then talk about afterwords.

dansby is a loud mouth whom I don't listen to when he speaks.

Cannot believe the hate from our own fans towards our players. I see no problem with this. He is being optimistic. What did you want him to say? The team is going nowhere this year, we suck, were not even gonna bother playing the season, just gonna train all season!! Some of you need to relax and let the season play out. We haven't even begun yet and the negativity has not stopped. Just stop already, it's getting old!!!

Cannot believe the hate from our own fans towards our players. I see no problem with this. He is being optimistic. What did you want him to say? The team is going nowhere this year, we suck, were not even gonna bother playing the season, just gonna train all season!! Some of you need to relax and let the season play out. We haven't even begun yet and the negativity has not stopped. Just stop already, it's getting old!!!
Agreed, Dansby said what he should say. Why not believe you can have success? I understand Dansby came to camp last year out of shape, but for goodness sake have some team pride!

Dansby is right, the defense can be great this season. If the safety position can be solid than the sky is the limit for this defense.
Very true, and with Kevin Coyle's ability to get solid play out of marginal players, I don't think a top-5 ranking is out of the question

Agreed, Dansby said what he should say. Why not believe you can have success? I understand Dansby came to camp last year out of shape, but for goodness sake have some team pride!

I have no hate toward the Dolphins or Dansby
and I understand the point about being confident and such. Just don't like the talking.
It backfired big time last year. Why not learn from the lesson?

Can't win if you're the Dolphins. If the players talk it's "just shut up and prove it on the field" and if the players don't talk it's "this front office is so anal they won't let anybody talk to the media. Everything is a secret."...either way there's just too much hate. I wonder sometimes why people watch the Dolphins at all.

I have no hate toward the Dolphins or Dansby
and I understand the point about being confident and such. Just don't like the talking.
It backfired big time last year. Why not learn from the lesson?

There was a lot of talk, but, there was the lockout and the coaching was terrible. So, while I put some of the blame on the players for last year, they were also poorly coached.

Back
Top Bottom