Dari and Mel Kiper | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dari and Mel Kiper

jreg1

Starter
Reaction score
They just did a segment on the top 3 most improved teams from last season. They both had the dolphins at #3. They both had the Jets in the top 3 as well.

Interesting.

I am still concerned about LG, the idea that Grimes play falls off and what happens at MLB.

It has been a great offseason and the team is set up going fwd. that is the best part.

They just did a segment on the top 3 most improved teams from last season. They both had the dolphins at #3. They both had the Jets in the top 3 as well.

Hope the improvements we made take us closer to where we need to be. Some teams may not have improved as much as we have but then again they don't need vast improvements to remain in the upper echelon.
.....Our schedule looks pretty daunting to me so if our improvements can equate to more wins then that will be something to be proud of....I believe, though, its going to be the defensive improvements that give us the advantage we need to move forward...Our offensive improvements should give us a few more points per game but without a dominant run game we may be closer to one dimensional than we need to be...If we can hold opponents to fewer points we will have a better shot at an improved record..
I know #captainobvious right? But the point is the improvements we have made will show up defensively by shutting down drives and allowing us more opportunities to score before they show up offensively ...until our o-line proves to be more dominant and our run game proves to be a force to be reckoned with...JMO

Hope the improvements we made take us closer to where we need to be. Some teams may not have improved as much as we have but then again they don't need vast improvements to remain in the upper echelon.
.....Our schedule looks pretty daunting to me so if our improvements can equate to more wins then that will be something to be proud of....I believe, though, its going to be the defensive improvements that give us the advantage we need to move forward...Our offensive improvements should give us a few more points per game but without a dominant run game we may be closer to one dimensional than we need to be...If we can hold opponents to fewer points we will have a better shot at an improved record..
I know #captainobvious right? But the point is the improvements we have made will show up defensively by shutting down drives and allowing us more opportunities to score before they show up offensively ...until our o-line proves to be more dominant and our run game proves to be a force to be reckoned with...JMO

I agree man! I am just excited to have a good group of wr's that can make big plays.

Man from the way Grimes played in the pro bowl (I know) I think the dude still has a couple good years left. He's a pretty rare breed of athlete I wouldn't count him out just yet

The Jets added Revis but they have no QB.

we certainly are better

but guard, linebacker,cornerback and tackle depth still really concern me

Suh will make Grimes job easier, he may 8 ints this year[/QUOTE

8 ints? That's not going to happen. Suh didn't do that with the Lions. Watt doesn't do that with the Texans. A lot of fans think Suh is going to make the D elite. He will be disruptive for sure but Miami really should have invested in a quality MLB and a corner.

Suh will make Grimes job easier, he may 8 ints this year[/QUOTE

8 ints? That's not going to happen. Suh didn't do that with the Lions. Watt doesn't do that with the Texans. A lot of fans think Suh is going to make the D elite. He will be disruptive for sure but Miami really should have invested in a quality MLB and a corner.

Glad someone else sees that. Suh did not make Detroit into some elite defense during his time there by himself. In fact every year but one they were a very average defense

Glad someone else sees that. Suh did not make Detroit into some elite defense during his time there by himself. In fact every year but one they were a very average defense

Our secondary is better overall with Delmas healthy, lbers I would say even, and our line is better around him. So pretty sure he won't have to do it on his own as much

The lack of depth at LB is scary, but Suh and Phillips is going to make who ever lines up at LB better. Our draft, surreing up our WR corp, and bringing in the biggest defensive free agent since Reggie White is why this team had the #3 best offseason of any team. Its been my favorite offseason I can remember.

Miami will have one of the best front 4 in football. Suh actually will make them elite because he allows them to get pressure up the middle. Sorry detroit did not have the ends as good as wake/vernon. Suh's presence means someone will always be single teamed which will improve the amount of time the qb has in the pocket. Everything improves with pressure. Jenkins was fine when he took over. Are there weak spots? Of course....not every position can be a pro bowl player people. This will be the best D Miami has had in a LONG time. Last note....Miami's run d was bad last year. Suh/Phillips will make Miami much stronger against the run. Stop complaining about what Miami didn't do and actually appreciate the fact that this is the best dolphin team we have had, on paper, in a very long time.

Miami will have one of the best front 4 in football. Suh actually will make them elite because he allows them to get pressure up the middle. Sorry detroit did not have the ends as good as wake/vernon. Suh's presence means someone will always be single teamed which will improve the amount of time the qb has in the pocket. Everything improves with pressure. Jenkins was fine when he took over. Are there weak spots? Of course....not every position can be a pro bowl player people. This will be the best D Miami has had in a LONG time. Last note....Miami's run d was bad last year. Suh/Phillips will make Miami much stronger against the run. Stop complaining about what Miami didn't do and actually appreciate the fact that this is the best dolphin team we have had, on paper, in a very long time.

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom