Darlington speaks on Tua with Rich Eisen | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darlington speaks on Tua with Rich Eisen

If Tua had a lights out season in 9 games, we made the playoffs and he got selected to the Pro Bowl or Rookie of the Year then none of this would be discussed right now. The fact you're using these 'reasons' to justify his sub standard play highlights the fact they are nothing more than excuses for his poor performance. Even Tua himself isn't using these excuses, he's gone on record to say he needs to play a lot better without throwing any of his team mates under the bus. Good on him for doing that!

I'll also add that I've never said Tua was a bust, that I've seen all I need to see or anything else you insinuated, you pretty much just made your own assumptions there not based on anything I've actually said. You even quoted me saying "I do think we should wait longer to see what kind of player Tua will become".

Your blind support is ....well....not very objective.

What the blue hell are you talking about? Not only did you not answer my question, you're fabricating things. What blind support?

I'll give you a response that makes as much sense: Those rabid elephants you unleashed sure are making a mess in Fort Lauderdale. Can you not do that again? It's totally irresponsible.

Oh look even Darlington says Tua had no Wrs or Rbs to work with at the end of the season.

If anyone in here didnt know or anyone didn't know then they didn't watch any games. Tua made rookie mistakes, but so did the rest of the offense. We also had 3 rookies and etc. We beat this conversation to death. Just like we bring Brees and decided with Dante etc. Is better to judge things when we are at an advantage to do so not while we lack. Qb is one role but an offensive line is multiple. If Tua doesn't pan out at least we have an oline. Then it would be easier to argue the Watson angle. Watson has better offensive players that don't exist. Texans defense needs mayor work, that is the only thing he will have here but without scoring points then you are in a worse position. As much as the team ran better with Fitz, we still had a rookie starting that we are expecting to get better.

Gailey called crapito plays for Tua.

Fitz was slinging, and that’s the story of his career, but that’s not sustainable.

Tua had to basically throw into the tightest windows that existed in the NFL

No team respected our ability to run. Remember all those lost 3rd and 2’s?

Tua had no preseason and was coming off major injury.

Fck Watson. Give up the farm to get him, lose a bunch of picks and eat up our salary cap? That would just turn us into the losing Texans.

Tua is a leader. And, have you seen how he is looking now while working out in the off season? He’s out there sweating in the sun. He’s bigger, stronger and ripped.

Give the man a decent running game and some good receivers, then watch out.

Be reasonable. Support one of ours. Have some patience.

I’m firmly #TeamTua

Or if Tua didn't take 6 sacks in Denver, throw for 83 yards and get benched.
Or if Tua didn't take 3 sacks in Las Vegas, throw for 94 yards and get benched

we probably wouldn't be talking about this....
or if Herbert didnt embarrass himself in New England
or if GOAT Tom Brady didnt post 209 ys, 0 TD and 3 picks vs the Saints
or if NFL MVP Arron Rodgers didnt go for 160, 0 TD, 2 picks at Tampa.

All 3 of those above losses in very embarrassing fashion. Even veteran first ballot HOFer's have bad games. I'm sure I'd find even more if I looked up their 1st year stats.

or if Herbert didnt embarrass himself in New England
or if GOAT Tom Brady didnt post 209 ys, 0 TD and 3 picks vs the Saints
or if NFL MVP Arron Rodgers didnt go for 160, 0 TD, 2 picks at Tampa.

All 3 of those above losses in very embarrassing fashion. Even veteran first ballot HOFer's have bad games. I'm sure I'd find even more if I looked up their 1st year stats.

Bullseye.

Let’s take a peek at Troy Aikman’s 1st year. Finheaven would have roasted him -

Attachments

• E26D57BD-1E89-4593-AB05-5CDB461DD1D0.jpeg
    E26D57BD-1E89-4593-AB05-5CDB461DD1D0.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 8
Aikman finished 1989 with a 0–11 record as a starter, completing 155 of 293 passes for 1,749 yards, 9 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. Following Aikman's rookie season, Dallas selected Florida Gators running back Emmitt Smith in the first round of the 1990 NFL Draft.

So according to @CANDolphan

It won’t cost an arm and a leg and credit to acquire DW

Houston wont want a bidding war between the Jets and Mia

There will be no salary cap crunch

Mia will lose zero assets and those they lose will be replaced in the draft and be NFL ready top flight material

So see you can make a big trade for a top 5 QB and still build a competitive roster that year and years to come

You can have it both ways after all

what on earth are you even talking about? You’re literally arguing with yourself.

You arent even quoting me lol

what on earth are you even talking about? You’re literally arguing with yourself.

You arent even quoting me lol
Yes I am there are no facts just hopeful opinions

Whoops Stated another fact... That is opinion

Last edited:
I do think it's a fair question to ask if Tua will get that full strength/torque in his hip needed to zip some passes when necessary.

But I tend to look at his best games and highlights and believe that's closer to what he becomes moving forward.

The facts are Miami needs talent at the skill positions and on the offensive line. Adding talent will help Tua reach his ceiling.

I think 'No running backs' is a stretch. Ahmed was great against New England and Gaskin was great against Las Vegas and Ricky Williams in his prime wasnt going to change the outcome vs Buffalo.
Adding 1 'bell-cow' RB in the draft is a must but I dont feel we need more than that with the 2 guys I mentioned.

It's important to note that, starting with that game vs Denver, our rookie OLinemen struggled with inexperience and injury. Both Jackson and Kindley were banged up during that time. Both Fangio and Rod Marinelli made a fool of Gailey to Tua's detriment.

Gailey called crapito plays for Tua.

Fitz was slinging, and that’s the story of his career, but that’s not sustainable.

Tua had to basically throw into the tightest windows that existed in the NFL

No team respected our ability to run. Remember all those lost 3rd and 2’s?

Tua had no preseason and was coming off major injury.

Fck Watson. Give up the farm to get him, lose a bunch of picks and eat up our salary cap? That would just turn us into the losing Texans.

Tua is a leader. And, have you seen how he is looking now while working out in the off season? He’s out there sweating in the sun. He’s bigger, stronger and ripped.

Give the man a decent running game and some good receivers, then watch out.

Be reasonable. Support one of ours. Have some patience.

I’m firmly #TeamTua

Your paragraph on Watson is my take on him, almost verbatim, F-bomb and all. Getting Watson with our current Roster puts us right where Houston was in 2020. "Can't win with him".

Back
Top Bottom