Darlington speaks on Tua with Rich Eisen | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darlington speaks on Tua with Rich Eisen

Tua will be starting qb next year. At the end of next year TUA win loss record will be better than burrows and Hebert’s combined.

Tua is a winner. Good player and getting better. He played much better than josh Allen his first year. Watson may not get traded this year and if he does he will probably end up in NFC. Texans will not trade Watson an all pro player in same conference. Texans will want to dratft there own Qb
Hebert 0-2 against dolphins and patriots this year. TUA 2-0 with limited weapons or playmakers

There seems to be a lot of posters on this forum who think it was all Tua’s fault. The fact the offensive line regressed over the latter part of the season, the Dolphins had one of the worst rushing attacks in the league and they were playing with practice squad WR’s seems to escape those who blame it all on Tua.
Every unit on our offense was bottom tier besides our TE's. WR's, Oline, and RB's.

But Tua was used as the ultimate game manager when he got his chances. The attitude was clearly to let the defense win games.

Was it a reflection on Tua's ability or an overly conservative OC? I don’t know.

The narrative that Herbert and Burrow can make deep throws, but Tua can't, isn't necessarily backed up by this chart of pass attempts w 20+ air yards.

20210306_151206.jpg

None of the rookies performed well. But Tua's "on target %" was the same as Herbert and better than Burrow. His attempts were much lower, but he didn't have nearly the freedom they did.

It is possible his low number of deep attempts lead to teams not emphasizing defending the deep ball. I'm assuming that's why Newton is #1. Not great if those numbers are inflated in this way. But teams were game planning for Newton as a runner, so it's not quite the same.

(Also interesting to see Fitz at #2).

I highly doubt we use Tua the same way next year. We better let him sink or swim and see what he can actually do.

What the blue hell are you talking about? Not only did you not answer my question, you're fabricating things. What blind support?

I'll give you a response that makes as much sense: Those rabid elephants you unleashed sure are making a mess in Fort Lauderdale. Can you not do that again? It's totally irresponsible.
I did answer your question and I provided the stats and a link to those stats that clearly support my statements. Fitz was a significantly better QB by almost all measurable statistics last year.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about at this point...

I did answer your question and I provided the stats and a link to those stats that clearly support my statements. Fitz was a significantly better QB by almost all measurable statistics last year.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about at this point...

Well, at least we agree that neither of us has any idea what the other is on about.

Yes I am there are no facts just hopeful opinions

Whoops Stated another fact... That is opinion

You quoted yourself and began to argue with yourself, and you now prove without a doubt that you genuinely do not understand what the definition of a fact is. Yikes. Makes sense with the reading comprehension but the pride you take in the ignorance... again, yikes. Edit and you’re a fellow Canadian too? Man. Im ashamed at our educational system.

Best of luck next season. Gonna peace out of this

What in the world are you talking about? I was responding to somebody else and I never even mentioned watson in my post.
We all know what your agenda is, and what you were thinking......lol

As in Stockholm Sweden.......

WTF movie was that?

it was Die Hard

Gail Wallens: Dr. Hasseldorf, what can we expect in the next few hours?
Dr. Hasseldorf: Well, Gail, by this time the hostages will be going through the early stages of the Helsinki Syndrome.
Harvey Johnson: As in Helsinki, Sweden?
Dr. Hasseldorf: Finland.

What people seem to ignore is that Fitz did a lot more with the same receivers and running backs.
would a 56 year old surgeon do better than a med student when both had a pen knife and a bandaid?

Tua had a pen knife and a bandaid and was told not to kill the patient

Herbert had the latest medical equipment and was told to work on a cadaver

would a 56 year old surgeon do better than a med student when both had a pen knife and a bandaid?

Tua had a pen knife and a bandaid and was told not to kill the patient

Herbert had the latest medical equipment and was told to work on a cadaver
Not sure about you but if I needed surgery and the surgeon(s) came out with a pen knife and a bandaid I'd fire them on the spot and get a new surgeon.

Just sayin....

What people seem to ignore is that Fitz did a lot more with the same receivers and running backs.

It's too early to tell what kind of player Tua will become but the excuses for his sub par performance this past season are a bit mind boggling when even Tua himself basically said he sucked and needs to do a lot better.

It's not about eliminating excuses for Tua, it's about the kid actually doing more than the guy behind hin with the team he is a part of. Elite QBs elevate the game play of their teams...
I beg to differ, Fitz had healthy receivers to work with, an OL that was not as beat up, big differences.

Or if Tua didn't take 6 sacks in Denver, throw for 83 yards and get benched.
Or if Tua didn't take 3 sacks in Las Vegas, throw for 94 yards and get benched

we probably wouldn't be talking about this....
Obviously the QB gets the lion share of the blame for a lack of success but he can't both trow it and catch it. Denver out coached us, period. They jammed the receivers and attacked our young OL yet we sill almost came back. You can also blame him for LV if you want but it's a team game. Ole Fitzy came out there slinging it, with nothing to lose and caught a few breaks unlike when he tossed the int over the middle to lose the Denver game.

I beg to differ, Fitz had healthy receivers to work with, an OL that was not as beat up, big differences.
Let's not lie to ourselves. Fitz played better when he came into games to "save" Tua.

But that was also always at the point where Gailey would have finally been forced to open up the offense for Tua.

I wish we had just decided to go one direction or the other. If we felt the need to baby Tua and operate the offense way we did, I think we should have gone back to Fitz as starter.

Having our backup come in and try to save the day should have not been part of the scripted gameplan. And that's what it sure felt like.

Back
Top Bottom