Darren Sproles | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darren Sproles

Phin_Phan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I read this article yesterday on Darren Sproles.......in case you don't know who he is or you havent seen his highlight video have a look at it: http://www.darrensproles43.com/videos/index.html

Here's the article I read on yahoo:

"Kansas State University RB Darren Sproles was born in Waterloo, Iowa to Larry and the late Annette Sproles on June 20, 1983, and is the eldest of two children (he has a brother, Terrance). He started at Olathe North High School in Kansas City, Kan. where he finished his decorated high school career with 5,230 yards rushing and an eye popping 79 touchdowns, averaging almost 8.4 yards per carry. He holds nearly every school record and was named USA Today's Kansas Player of the Year in 2001. He accepted a scholarship to Kansas State University and played all four years, three of those as a starter, amassing 4,986 rushing yards (including 1,986 his junior year and finishing fifth in the Heisman Trophy voting) with an average of 6.1 yards per carry...

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/news?slug=kffl-darrensprolesrbkansa&prov=kffl&type=lgns&league=fantasy

I think he could very possibly turn into another Warrick Dunn. Dunn is only about 2 inches taller, yet actually weighs less than Darren.

maybe not achieve the greatness of Barry, but I definitely could see him as somebody much more than just a 3rd down back

I'm a huge Sproles fan. (Of course, I'm also a K-State fan.)

I hope he does well in the NFL, though I doubt it will be with the Fins.

I'm not exactly sure about passing up one of the big 3, but DAMN, that "the run" was NASTY! and he is only 5'6"!!?!?!?!?! That makes me so mad, cuz I played tailback all the way until high school and never went further because everyone always told me my speed and agility and "elusiveness" didn't matter because I was "too small" for the next level, and I am 5'7"!!!!!!!!!!!! I was ripped off, damn coaches. I KNEW I shoulda went a played college ball, even if it was only division 2. Anyway, enough bitterness, that kid is sweet, but you also gotta remember, we really CAN'T, or SHOULDN'T, pass up Brown, Benson, or Williams, and if we do, there are plenty that rank above him, even as late as round 3 or possibly 4, so I doubt we would get him.

DrAstroZoom said:
I'm a huge Sproles fan. (Of course, I'm also a K-State fan.)

I hope he does well in the NFL, though I doubt it will be with the Fins.

Im a huge K State fan too

and I must say his highlight video is very impressive, the best one I have seen out of the backs so far

I agree - we have never been able to replace John Avery since the big trade - jk. But he is much smaller than Barry Sanders and doesn't have nearly the same shake. I think he would be a great change of pace back, but wouldn't pass on another full-time RB just so we could pick him up later. If he is there in the 5th, I wouldn't mind if we picked him up.

On a side note, I am also pretty impressed with his ability to bench press twenty pounds over his body weight more than twenty times.

I said we should draft him in a thread yesterday, but after learning that he's from Iowa, I say PASS. We don't need any more Iowans on the team. One is one too many.

Dudeman said:
I think he could very possibly turn into another Warrick Dunn. Dunn is only about 2 inches taller, yet actually weighs less than Darren.

maybe not achieve the greatness of Barry, but I definitely could see him as somebody much more than just a 3rd down back
i defiately agree, he is a lot like dunn in a few years better. he is nowhere close to barry sanders. he is aso the type of michael bennett rb.he is also a lot like scobey, canidate, and mcgahee(although he breaks tackles). but do u thnk he could carry the ball 30-40x a game, NO. he went for about 20 in college.

Andy said:
i defiately agree, he is a lot like dunn in a few years better. he is nowhere close to barry sanders. he is aso the type of michael bennett rb.he is also a lot like scobey, canidate, and mcgahee(although he breaks tackles). but do u thnk he could carry the ball 30-40x a game, NO. he went for about 20 in college.

Actually he carried the ball 42 times in the opening game of his senior year and was able to get in the 200+ yard range, so I think he is very able to carry the ball a lot

He's actually more like 5'5" from the combines. Way, WAY too small for the punishment dished out in the NFL, where everyone that tackles him will be as big and nasty as the biggest, nastiest guy that tackled him in college.

No you are wrong, in combine #s he is 5-6 1/8, and 187 pounds. Dunn is skinnier and was a 1st rder. and handles the punishment well. I cant figure why Sproles would not.

Some of those runs were flat out sick........ If given the chance at a starting job with some NFL team, he's the kind of guy that could tear it up

Id rather have any of the big 3 RBs and a handfull of other backs over this guy. I dont care what people say his size scares me. Brown, Benson, Williams, Barber, Morency, Fason, Arrington, Shelton, Moats, McLendon and Harris are all backs Id rather have.

Joey 22 said:
No you are wrong, in combine #s he is 5-6 1/8, and 187 pounds. Dunn is skinnier and was a 1st rder. and handles the punishment well. I cant figure why Sproles would not.

At that size and weight, it's not going to matter anyway; the point is he's too small.

And as for Dunn, it's not as rthough he's setting the league on fire.

Besides, since when is the exception used as an example to discount the rule?

23+ bench reps are normally reserved for bruising backs only, and that is the rule as well, some one as strong and athletic doesnt shys at contact.

Back
Top Bottom