Darrington Hobson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darrington Hobson

I think New Mexico State will end up winning the WAC, and I think UTEP will end up being a Sweet 16 team, they're really really underrated, especially with Caracter and Culpepper.

BYU's a one and done team in the tourney. They just don't have the athleticism to match up with most teams. UNM and UNLV are better squads.

SDSU is behind all 3, but I think it's possible for all 4 to make it into the NCAAs this year.

Agreed. UNLV is a really good squad that no one hears about since UNM and BYU get all the attention. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they upset UNM or BYU in the MWC tournament.

BYU, away from Provo, is a very beatable team. SDSU is decent, but I don't think they make the tournament. Overall, a pretty good showing from the MWC this season. Maybe we'll start getting some respect. If this win doesn't bump the Lobos up to the 5-8 range, there is definitely some bias...

Agreed. UNLV is a really good squad that no one hears about since UNM and BYU get all the attention. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they upset UNM or BYU in the MWC tournament.

BYU, away from Provo, is a very beatable team. SDSU is decent, but I don't think they make the tournament. Overall, a pretty good showing from the MWC this season. Maybe we'll start getting some respect. If this win doesn't bump the Lobos up to the 5-8 range, there is definitely some bias...

UNLV should win their tourney this year. Last year, they were in a complete freefall and lost in like the first round. They just have to watch out for SDSU, who seems to have their number this year, ditto for Utah. Sure, they're 3rd in the conference, but they always get up for that MWC tourney, since it's pretty much a home game.

BYU doesn't win away from Provo because they don't have the refs on their side. Of course, they don't really play any real tough teams up there OOC, so they can always rack up long conference winning streaks.

The Lobos I think could end up with a 4 or 5 seed, depending on how they do in the MWC tourney. Alford's done a hell of a job with that team. They've had some nice wins this year, and are on a hot streak right now.

The crazy thing is UNM was picked to finish 5th in the Mountain West this year and is the 3rd youngest team in the country. We have just one senior and two juniors on the roster.

Roman Martinez(the only senior) is the heart and soul of this team but we could be even better next year. We have 6'10 Alex Kirk(#6 ranked center) coming in along with Tony Snell a 6'7 wing and UCLA transfer Drew Gordon who can be cleared to play in the second semester.

Alford's done a hell of a job there this year.

He's a thug. I watched his expletive-laden tirade after the game Saturday against a classy young man in John Tavernari; That game should have an asterisk next to it due to Jimmer having a stomach bug and not playing in the 2nd half. He plays, and we win by 10. Easily.

I can't wait to get the Loblows in the MWC Tourney. It's revenge time, and will just be gravy onto what will be at the very least an Elite 8 run this season.

He's a thug. I watched his expletive-laden tirade after the game Saturday against a classy young man in John Tavernari; That game should have an asterisk next to it due to Jimmer having a stomach bug and not playing in the 2nd half. He plays, and we win by 10. Easily.

I can't wait to get the Loblows in the MWC Tourney. It's revenge time, and will just be gravy onto what will be at the very least an Elite 8 run this season.

Oh yes, a classy young man. So classy he refuses to accept Hobson's apology after the elbow. So classy he follows Alford during the postgame handshake, yelling at him. Lets not forget about the classy fans throwing trash at any Lobos on the court. Yup, BYU is all about class.

I find your assertion that Jimmer was the reason you lost interesting though. I mean, he played the entire game at The Pit, but you guys still lost. Oh, and when he played the entire first half, UNM was up by 8. The entire second half, which was extremely close, was played without Jimmer. Yeah, that HAS to be the reason BYU lost. BYU fans have to be the whiniest fans in the country.

Away from Provo, you all are average at best. On a neutral court, UNLV will knock you out of the MWC tournament. You won't play UNM again this season. Oh, and Elite 8? :lol: You guys will be one and done, yet again. I hope you enjoyed your reign at the top. The Mountain West belongs to UNM now...

Oh yes, a classy young man. So classy he refuses to accept Hobson's apology after the elbow. So classy he follows Alford during the postgame handshake, yelling at him. Lets not forget about the classy fans throwing trash at any Lobos on the court. Yup, BYU is all about class.
Tavernari went with Tom Holmoe, the AD to the UNM locker room to apologize for being out of hand earlier. That takes class, more than Alford has. Alford was sure setting a heck of an example for the young men (thugs) on his team by yelling obscenities at Tavernari and others.
I find your assertion that Jimmer was the reason you lost interesting though. I mean, he played the entire game at The Pit, but you guys still lost. Oh, and when he played the entire first half, UNM was up by 8. The entire second half, which was extremely close, was played without Jimmer. Yeah, that HAS to be the reason BYU lost. BYU fans have to be the whiniest fans in the country.
Truthfully the team had an off night. It's hard to get up for an average team like UNM, and it bit them. UNM was shooting lights-out, we couldn't hit a lick at the end. Of course, it was still close despite this, and that blatant no-call of a "block" at the end just proved the refs had it in the bag for New Mexico.
Whiniest? Hardly. It's hard to accept losing to a mediocre UNM team when you're used to being a big dog of the college sports world. Maybe some day UNM will get to Our level. Maybe not.
Away from Provo, you all are average at best. On a neutral court, UNLV will knock you out of the MWC tournament. You won't play UNM again this season. Oh, and Elite 8? :lol: You guys will be one and done, yet again. I hope you enjoyed your reign at the top. The Mountain West belongs to UNM now...
We'll beat up UNM in the final on our way to a probable Final Four run. When you're back in ABQ sobbing about a first round loss to Weber State, we'll be taking in some great wins. We'll let you know how the top is, Loblows.

I think New Mexico State will end up winning the WAC, and I think UTEP will end up being a Sweet 16 team, they're really really underrated, especially with Caracter and Culpepper.
Culpepper is something special. watched him a couple times when they came to orlando. apart from memphis other c-usa teams never really get any mention. utep in and uab maybe if they can when the cusa tourney.

Tav apologized. What about Hobson's lobbing fbombs around? Do you approve? Seeing how the Loblows idolize the Snake, I don't suppose you think that Hobson did anything wrong.

Culpepper is something special. watched him a couple times when they came to orlando. apart from memphis other c-usa teams never really get any mention. utep in and uab maybe if they can when the cusa tourney.

I watched them completely take apart Tulsa one night. They killed them inside and outside.

That night, I was sold on them as a Sweet 16 team.

I watched them completely take apart Tulsa one night. They killed them inside and outside.

That night, I was sold on them as a Sweet 16 team.
with memphis in free fall other teams get a shot now. for the past few years nobody other then memphis would get into the tourney.

with memphis in free fall other teams get a shot now. for the past few years nobody other then memphis would get into the tourney.

I think UTEP and UAB will make it out of there this year. Watch out for Memphis next season though, they're going to be loaded.

Back
Top Bottom