Darrington Hobson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darrington Hobson

NMPhinsFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Most of you probably don't know who he is but he's a freak on the basketball court. He plays for the #19 New Mexico Lobos and is in his first year of D-1 basketball(JUCO transfer), check out the numbers he is putting up... 15.6 ppg 8.7 rpg 4.3 apg 1.3 spg. He had a rough go shooting the ball tonight at Utah(1-10) but he still managed 8 points 11 assits and 10 rebounds.

I've seen him compared to a shorter Michael Beasley.

Hopefully he can follow Danny Granger and JR Giddens of recent years and be the next Lobo drafted in the first round whenever he decides to come out.

Most of you probably don't know who he is but he's a freak on the basketball court. He plays for the #19 New Mexico Lobos and is in his first year of D-1 basketball(JUCO transfer), check out the numbers he is putting up... 15.6 ppg 8.7 rpg 4.3 apg 1.3 spg. He had a rough go shooting the ball tonight at Utah(1-10) but he still managed 8 points 11 assits and 10 rebounds.

I've seen him compared to a shorter Michael Beasley.

Hopefully he can follow Danny Granger and JR Giddens of recent years and be the next Lobo drafted in the first round whenever he decides to come out.

Do you go to New Mexico??? Because your pimpin that program lol.. not that theres anything wrong with that...ill keep an eye out for this kid..

Nope but I grew up there from 12-20 so I'm a huge fan of them. I'm thinking of moving back, miss it alot. Much more easy going than Florida.

Mr. Hobson had 15 points 10 rebounds 3 assits and 3 steals in a win over Colorado State tonight.

The big 4 of Hobson, Roman Martinez, Phillip McDonald, and Dairese Gary scored 65 of our 72 points.

Saturday: #12 UNM @ #11 BYU winner most likely is the Mountain West regular season champion.

Heck yeah that was, what a battle. BYU came out guns blazing in the second half but UNM pulled it off in the end.

Darrington Hobson with 20 points 14 rebounds and 4 assits including a sick block with 0.09 seconds left to keep the game out of overtime that will be on the SC top 10 tonight.

He's a hell of a player, I'm a huge fan of his but he is a bit of a headcase. Every couple of games or so he tries to pick a fight with an opposing player. A couple of times I've seen him throw a elbow into the gut of another teams player as he was walking to the free throw line. Against UNLV he threw a punch at one of their players but the refs couldn't see if it landed or not on the review so they gave him a warning. He needs to mature quite a bit.

Anyways, 27-3 and 6-0 against top 25 teams.

What a season!

Beat a sub-par TCU and we win the MWC. This has been a long time coming. Hopefully we make some noise in the tournament...

I saw the BYU fans throwing stuff on the court after the game. Pretty classless move.

Classless isn't the half of it. Tavernari followed Alford after the game, talking sh*t to him and trying to instigate something. Alford called him an assh*le at the end, which he shouldn't have done, but still classless behavior from BYU all around. They've pretty much owned the conference the last few seasons, so I guess they don't know how to handle being dethroned.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lobobasketball2010

The thing with Hobson was he apparently threw an elbow at some point in the last few minutes of the game that never got called. Hobson is a hothead, so I'm sure it was true. Officiating was spotty all game long though...

Classless isn't the half of it. Tavernari followed Alford after the game, talking sh*t to him and trying to instigate something. Alford called him an assh*le at the end, which he shouldn't have done, but still classless behavior from BYU all around. They've pretty much owned the conference the last few seasons, so I guess they don't know how to handle being dethroned.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lobobasketball2010

The thing with Hobson was he apparently threw an elbow at some point in the last few minutes of the game that never got called. Hobson is a hothead, so I'm sure it was true. Officiating was spotty all game long though...

Thanks for the info. I was wondering what happened. I saw the bit on ESPN, but they didn't elaborate a whole lot, just that Tavernari got pissed in the handshake line.

Hobson hit him with an elbow when he was turning around to call a TO, but I don't think that it was intentional.

BYU's a one and done team in the tourney. They just don't have the athleticism to match up with most teams. UNM and UNLV are better squads.

SDSU is behind all 3, but I think it's possible for all 4 to make it into the NCAAs this year.

Back
Top Bottom