Darryl Tapp with our 3rd round pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darryl Tapp with our 3rd round pick?

Tapp doesn't have enough speed to be a LB. If he did, he'd be a first round pick. He's going to be left searching for a position in the NFL, because he's probably not going to be big enough to be a DE either.

kpcane said:
Tapp doesn't have enough speed to be a LB. If he did, he'd be a first round pick. He's going to be left searching for a position in the NFL, because he's probably not going to be big enough to be a DE either.

he's been clocked between 4.6 and 4.8 in the 40 I think that's fast enough to play LB in the NFL and he can always put on some wait and stick to end

i think coach saban wants a speed rushing olb, a guy like ernie sims, manny lawson etc... i don't think that he play olb in the nfl, so he isn't really the player saban is searching for...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/darryltapp.html

clear.gif

R.I.P :( (we will miss you)http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/darryltapp.html

Yeah, I saw the 4.84 time, that's what I was judging him off of. If he ran a 4.6 it would be a different story, but he doesn't, so it's not. Heck, Matt Roth is faster than Tapp, and has a motor that's at the very least equivalent to Tapp's.

without sounding like a homer,i'd rather have Stanley McClover if he's still on the board.i think that he could play OLB or DE(depending on the situation) and he has a high ceiling.i think that he'd have been a lock to go in the 1st round in 07 if he'd came back to Auburn for at least one more season.as an added bonus,he grew up in South Florida.

chris34au said:
without sounding like a homer,i'd rather have Stanley McClover if he's still on the board.i think that he could play OLB or DE(depending on the situation) and he has a high ceiling.i think that he'd have been a lock to go in the 1st round in 07 if he'd came back to Auburn for at least one more season.as an added bonus,he grew up in South Florida.

I completely agree if we arent getting Arrington and we dont pick an OLB in the 1st, then McClover would be awesome in the 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom